What's new

If you had to guess a string on a razor

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I was wondering if you guys had to come up with a setting equal to an adust able razor, what would be the number setting on a Merkur 39c. I just thought that that might not be a good question because of the gap between the blade and the safety bar on a slant. It starts narrow and gets wider. Am I correct?

A little hard to follow. But I think you're asking for an adjustable setting that's equivalent to a 39C, so I'll answer that haha.

Yes it is tough since the 39C is a slant, but fortunately I have a botched Parker Variant that is so crooked it might as well be a slant. And on that razor, setting 3 is very similar in appearance to my 37C.

My Gillette Slim on 6 shaves closely to my 37C as well.

Not comparable.
No, I am not being a smart ·%s, I am helping you. You see, to prove me wrong you now need to get both.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I have one of each and I did notice that the space between the blade and the safety bar is the same distance on the slant the is no narrow to wide. I was just curious. I also was thinking if I want a more aggressive shave than the slant gives I should turn upy adjustable to a higher setting or number. By the way I did use my Gillette slim this evening and got a closet shave with it than I was getting with my slant. I used a used Perssona red blade that was in my slant and I only had a days worth of stubble on my face which isn't much. My face was very smooth after the shave. It was like I didn't shave at all.

Top Bottom