What's new

I ordered Feather All Stainless razor

Bob
Have u mastered the feather yet? Ive shaved with mine 3 times get dfs but not bbs? Curious on your thoughts

The Feather AS-D1 is a great all around razor. It may not get that ultra close BBS like an R41, but you can shave daily and not get irritation and always come up with at least a DFS. I now have three metal safety razors: The feather, A Joris, and an R41 Grande, The feather is definitely milder than the others, but it is much smoother and does a good job when used properly. The open combs can get a closer shave with less passes, but I will always have some irritation, and it is easy to get a cut or weeper. The feather is no nonsense and it has the best craftsmanship of any razor I've seen. Good choice!

Many recent threads on the Feather AS. I am one of the negatives. Too mild.

+1 ^^^^^^

I agree - looks isn't the most important in a DE razor, when it's close to a point of being useless for me even with a feather blade in it.

I just sold mine after trying to learn to master this tool for months - never gave me anything but pleasant shaves, but never gave me a BSS shave either - NEVER !

I kept my Mühle Sophist R89 and bought the Mühle R41 Grande in order to get closer shaves.......

Feather DE is just too mild.......sorry but it honestly is for my type of beard.

+1 While I enjoy many razors styles, from slants to FatBoys, the AS-D1 is at the top of the list for me. When you are at the sweet spot of feeling mostly the smooth cap with just a hint of blade and "zero pressure" magic happens.

Tom I just tried the Feather AS today for the first time and it did not go well - after 2 passess I still had major stubble and went to the DE89L to finish up. I kept wanting to exert more pressure as it feels like it is not doing anything!! It left cream on my face after I did a pass which other razors do not. I like your description for the sweet spot and will give it another try. How long did it take you to nail it?

Tom I just tried the Feather AS today for the first time and it did not go well - after 2 passess I still had major stubble and went to the DE89L to finish up. I kept wanting to exert more pressure as it feels like it is not doing anything!! It left cream on my face after I did a pass which other razors do not. I like your description for the sweet spot and will give it another try. How long did it take you to nail it?

I had been using Super Speeds and Aristocrats before my Feather arrived. It took me a couple shaves before the love started.
If you are leaving stubble and cream behind, sounds like the blade is not contacting completely.
Shave by your ear and listen to the blade......may the force be with you.

I have to update on my reply - I now use my Feather AS1-DE for my second or third pass after having use my Mühle R41 Grande for the first or second pass (WTG & XTG) and like this way of shaving with a very aggressive and very mild razor.

I also use my Feather AS1-DE for head shaves now and find it does a perfect job for that, when paired with a Feather HI SP blade.
I avoid using my Feather DE, when I have longer than 2-3 days beard growth, because it's simply too mild for that kind of growth on my skin.
But when I some times need to shave daily, there is no better razor for my skin than the Feather AS1-DE - it's perfect as a daily DE shave razor IMHO

When ever I go 3-4 days without shaving, it's time to pull out my Muhle R41 grande for at least the first pass WTG to remove the stubbles, and it does so with surprisingly good results :001_smile

Different razors for different situations, same as with brushes...........and razor blades........and shaving creams.......and after shaves.......and Eau de Toilette.......and :laugh: ..... :straight:

Top Bottom