What's new

I love Proraso

I bought a sample pack of three creams and one soap in January and I loved them so much that I ended up buying all four creams. I had been shaving with soaps that caused irritation for so long that when I tried Proraso and didn't feel any burning or pain after shaving, it was absolutely surreal.

I even bought some pre-shave and a few aftershaves. When I have more to spend, I'll get even more aftershaves and pre-shaves. I agree with Ron above that variety is the spice of life, which is why I have all four lines of Proraso. I love all four scents.

They are coming out with a new line of products in a few months and I can't wait to try them. I'll still use artisan soaps that don't light my face up and especially artisan aftershaves but the four Proraso creams are a mainstay for me and my primary choice for most shaves.

Proraso is tried and true with great slickness. You want a different shave than try the bigelow canned green,,,it's like shaving with Botox which is neat and freaky at the same time.

I bought a sample pack of three creams and one soap in January and I loved them so much that I ended up buying all four creams. I had been shaving with soaps that caused irritation for so long that when I tried Proraso and didn't feel any burning or pain after shaving, it was absolutely surreal.

I even bought some pre-shave and a few aftershaves. When I have more to spend, I'll get even more aftershaves and pre-shaves. I agree with Ron above that variety is the spice of life, which is why I have all four lines of Proraso. I love all four scents.

They are coming out with a new line of products in a few months and I can't wait to try them. I'll still use artisan soaps that don't light my face up and especially artisan aftershaves but the four Proraso creams are a mainstay for me and my primary choice for most shaves.
Hi Demidog,

You mention four Proraso shave soaps/creams. I'm in Australia and we get three - Green (original menthol), Red (shea butter & sandalwood) and White (sensitive).

Would you please elaborate on the fourth?

Cheers.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

New line? Please elaborate

yup, couldn't resist to order the green tub and the pre shave cream from Proraso today, after reading so many positive reviews. will post my 2 cents about it on the weekend.

Hi Demidog,

You mention four Proraso shave soaps/creams. I'm in Australia and we get three - Green (original menthol), Red (shea butter & sandalwood) and White (sensitive).

Would you please elaborate on the fourth?

Cheers.
As Dominic stated, that would be the blue. It has a fantastic scent but it seems to be a bit polarizing. I would say that it's currently my favorite cream in their lineup, just edging out the others by a hair.
New line? Please elaborate
They're coming out with the "Proraso Single Blade" collection, which includes three different lineups so far: Wood & Spice, Azur & Lime, and Cypress & Vetyver. It seems like it's mostly geared towards bearded folks because each line includes beard oil, beard balm, and beard shampoo, but they also include aftershave balm, cologne, and shaving cream.

The shaving cream is only for barbers at the moment but I think that they might be releasing it for regular consumers in the future. You can still buy the barber-sized bag of cream though because at least one site is selling them. These products are supposed to hit in April and I'm looking forward to checking out the aftershave balms and colognes.

I'm with 'ya, Razor Ramon. I'm a Green Guy. I buy it in the 500ml plastic IV bags. I am a huge fan of the smell of Proraso Green. I use it pretty much every day: no aftershave necessary.

First shave today with Proraso Green soap & pre shave cream. Heaven! Had no irritation doing 3 passes wtg, xtg, atg with my Merkur 39c and a Feather blade. Also liked the smell of the soap very much.

I have green and red and really like the green especially on the old noggin. But, and maybe I missed this response, it has to be said:
why don't you marry it?

I really don't like the Proraso soaps that I've tried, but the blue cream is outstanding.

I try the puck of white soap I still have every few months but I find it drying and not very slick. One day I may learn to love it, though.

While typically a soap guy, I love both the Proraso soaps and creams. Over the weekend I ordered the new Woods and Spice cream as well as the new Cypress and Vetiver cream. Can't wait for them to come in.

While typically a soap guy, I love both the Proraso soaps and creams. Over the weekend I ordered the new Woods and Spice cream as well as the new Cypress and Vetiver cream. Can't wait for them to come in.
Did you order them from that one European vendor who seems to have them well in advance? I was told that firstly, the new product line would not be available until April and second, the creams would only be available to barbers for the time being.

Also please post your reviews/thoughts when you have a chance to try them out. I am eager to try the new aftershaves and colognes, and I doubt that either will be available at brick and mortar stores in the US so I will be counting on reviews to get an idea of the scents.

Did you order them from that one European vendor who seems to have them well in advance? I was told that firstly, the new product line would not be available until April and second, the creams would only be available to barbers for the time being.

Also please post your reviews/thoughts when you have a chance to try them out. I am eager to try the new aftershaves and colognes, and I doubt that either will be available at brick and mortar stores in the US so I will be counting on reviews to get an idea of the scents.
I picked them up from Gifts and Care for 14.46€ each. (They're almost double the size of the typical creams at 275ml). I'll definitely post some reviews when I get them but there's already some promising reviews in the creams forum.

Hello! I too must say I LOVE Proraso, so I just doubled down and bought replacement Red (sandalwood) and Green (eucalyptus-menthol) tubes. I have shaved with straights, shavette, and double edge all mixed in with glycerin based pucks, tallow based pucks, vegan puck, and Proraso -> the significant observation I have is this.....no shave burn with Proraso ever! No matter the blade type, Proraso always gives superior surface on my face for the blade to glide over...

I was not actually expecting this, the Proraso was obtained as part of my travel shave kit....that was all it was for. It was just meant to be as travel soap since I can lather a toothpaste sized drop into my badger brush directly to my face, no mug or bowl needed...just the brush and soap........and now I realize it is the best shaving soap I have tried...and I don't care if it is in a tube, how much it costs, no factor is as important as the finish of my shave with this soap just rocks!

Ciao, ciao.

Top Bottom