What's new

How To Start A Letter To A Friend

If it were me, I think I would start with, Mon cher Edward

Perhaps he thinks it is not sophisticated enough. French always adds a bit of sophistication.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
here's a few I just came up with:

Yo!,

What it is,

Sup,

Dear bro,

Hey man,

Dear Mr. ___,

To: ____,

To my favorite human,

or just start with his name: Ed,

or simply just start writing the letter, addressing no one.

The_Edski, Steward of the Brown Leaf, good all around Gent, and legend in his own mind.... Most noted for never going by the name of Bonnie, talking to Wilbur, and is pretty dang good at counting to ten and doing small math at state fairs

I approve this description!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'm not sure why you call Jason Ed.

"Salutations" would work. Hi and Hey are what I tend to use. With a person you know you don't really need a formal greeting. Oh yes . . . "Greetings from your friend Syngent", "Greetings from the great white North".

In the case of Edski . . . Dear Mr. Sock should suffice.

When I send a letter to the best of friends I have a special greeting.

This isn't a letter to one of my bros, or one of my dawgs. No, I only send this letter to my....

Dearest Brodawg,

Perhaps your brodawg will enjoy the same.

Lol Mike.. Ed won't get the Mr.Sock reference though though... thus making it much funnier... he's Mr. Sock from now on

This a thread for the ages, not just because it mentions me so many times...:biggrin1:

I think I will address my next letter to James: "Dear my Canadian bro-hemius..." :laugh:

I thought this whole thread was about sending a letter to Mr. Ed.... and I thought why would anybody send a letter to a horse.......

never mind........

Top Bottom