What's new

How to Spritz

I will be very honest in saying that I am a more is more kind of guy. I overspray everything! Pam cooking oil, Febreeze, gun cleaning solvent, I am guilty of it all. I however do not want to be that guy when it comes to cologne. So, how would I best spritz on cologne? I have some 1ML samples coming to me, and to me thats easy just tip on my finger and dab. When it comes to spritzing I want to do it once in one spot, and then my impulse tells me not enough got on there probably so I do it two more times for safe measure.

I figure since i wear a uniform/suit most days that I would hit up my chest and the back of my neck/ears and then dab it down to the sides of my neck, but how do I spritz it properly? What techniques do you guys use?

If the cologne is a real projection monster, I'll either spray once in the hollow of my throat, lightly, or I'll spray on one wrist and then apply it to the side of my neck, then spray on the other wrist and apply that to the other side of my neck.

On the weaker projecting colognes, I'll spray my chest and three sprays to my neck (left side, hollow, right side).

I have a couple of scents that don't last long on my skin, so I might spray my tee shirt.

No matter what, I'm 3 sprays on the right wrist, rub wrists together and then rub wrists on the sides of my neck. I think I'm OCD. :blink:

I pull the front of my tshirt collar out an inch and spray straight down 1-3 times based on temperature and strength. Usually 1 in summer, 2 in winter and 3 is reserved for light strength colognes in the winter usually. A couple I use are really light and might get a couple extra sprays to the back of my neck.

I pull the front of my tshirt collar out an inch and spray straight down 1-3 times based on temperature and strength. Usually 1 in summer, 2 in winter and 3 is reserved for light strength colognes in the winter usually. A couple I use are really light and might get a couple extra sprays to the back of my neck.

This. Usually 3-4 sprays--keeps it in more than wrists, etc. but you still smell it close to you.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I agree that strength makes a big difference here. I have a few citrus frags that can use a generous application - and still are pretty much gone in 4 hours, but if you did that with Rania J's Ambre Loup you would drive people out of the building for 12 hours. One spray of that is all I need.

Sometimes I think we don't pay enough attention to the different application requirements when we're considering what's expensive. If one takes 1 spray a day and another takes 3 sprays with two additional applications to make it through the day that's quite a difference in the amount used over time.

It depends on the strength of the fragrance.
As a general rule of thumb, one spray to the neck and one on the chest (below your shirt) tends to work well.

Top Bottom