What's new

How to hold a hot towel on your face!

My $.02...

In the shower, after all washing is complete, I turn the cold water off so I get steaming water out of the head. I let that run on my wash cloth while I face lather for approximately +/-2 minutes. Then, I use the, now quite warm, rag to marinate. After about 3 minutes of marinating, I step out to my sink to lather again. Then the shave is on. It makes for a very relaxing ritual.

In case anyone cares what this noob thinks (& I'm certain you don't). I just shaved with Mama Bear's Sandalwood Vanilla soap & I was very pleased. It lathered up great, the smell was pleasant but not too strong, and the shave was very close.

Even with all the ADs, my wife is impressed with the improved shaves. Things are good :redface:

My $.02...

In the shower, after all washing is complete, I turn the cold water off so I get steaming water out of the head. I let that run on my wash cloth while I face lather for approximately +/-2 minutes. Then, I use the, now quite warm, rag to marinate. After about 3 minutes of marinating, I step out to my sink to lather again. Then the shave is on. It makes for a very relaxing ritual.

In case anyone cares what this noob thinks (& I'm certain you don't). I just shaved with Mama Bear's Sandalwood Vanilla soap & I was very pleased. It lathered up great, the smell was pleasant but not too strong, and the shave was very close.

Even with all the ADs, my wife is impressed with the improved shaves. Things are good :redface:

I used to marinate in the shower, but hair grew on my palms....:w00t:

Oh...wait...never mind! Sorry.

You have it exactly. The long roll fills the space under the neck and keeps it tight against the skin. I'd post a pic but it would get me banned for scaring everyone!

Just pull it up and back. The ends and the rubber band keep it all in place right behind the ears.

Mike - that sounds very interesting! I just want to make sure I understand ... you are rolling the long side of the towel I presume so that the towel is still long enough to wrap around your face, right? Also, I presume you create the bulky rolled part so that it stays tightish around your neck (which is obviously a smaller diameter than your face). Did I get that right? Ingenious!

I've got a towel that I was going to sew a button on, and sew up a little to hug my face better. Hands free hot towel!

Top Bottom