What's new

how to dispose of a double edges razor blade?

I just ordered one too.

Hopefully I can make it a lunch box for work :lol: If not, maybe my grandkids can fill it up in a hundred years or so.

I just put the blade into the bottom of the box it came in. However my back up blade holder is alot more fun! Years ago one of the posters at Blade & Badger recommonded going to either a Dollar Store or a Goodwill store and looking at their selection of Piggy Banks. I picked up a very nice metal Piggy Bank in the shape of a pig for $1.50. Two years later and I still haven't filled it up.

So have some fun and hunt around for a cheap Piggy Bank that you are willing to throw away when it's full.

I just keep a roll of Scotch Masking Tape, you know the blue colored kind. And when I'm finished with the blade I lay it on a piece of the tape and fold the ends over. Then that goes into a little tin container. And a whole roll of the tape will last a year, so that works pretty good for me.

since i already have altoids on hand most of the time i use the empty tin. when its full i tape it shut and throw it out.

Hence the idea of the tiny slot in a metal can top. It is highly unlikely that a blade could find its way back out when turned over. In fact I spent a good deal of time shaking the demo model I made and not one blade fell out.

I would not toss it in the regular trash either. Mine goes in the recycle bin which does not get touched by workers hands.

I agree with Ray on this subject.

Clayton

I bought a $1.00 razor disposal tin. It was cheap enough and I just threw it in when I was buying blades. When full, I will try to seal it somehow (gorilla glue??) and label it, maybe with a skull and crossbones.

eric.

Having worked in a recycling center during college, I can say (at least in Fresno, CA) that every item that has a lid or could contain something must be opened.

I've found many a disgusting, non-friendly item inside, such as diapers inside a small tin box, old milk in a plastic container and even some food inside a plactic box that turned out to not be recycleable anyhow.

I sure am glad I never found a tin filled with someone's disgusting and malicious used razors.

Top Bottom