What's new

How old are you Bay Rum aficionado's?

older than most of the folks around here...

$williams zowada michelson bay rum rubberset english fern aug 26 2014.jpg

42 here. Been wet shaving for close to a year now. By far my favorite scent. Have tried all of the Ogallala scents, most of the Captains Choice scents, Lucky tiger, and Clubman. Like them all.

I'm 32 and bought some St. John's bay rum balm on a whim and I'm absolutely addicted to it. Gran Dominica is nice too. Looking to try more but my cabinet is getting full and the wife is starting to get suspicious of the amount of money I'm spending on shaving supplies.

Does anyone else think that it's incredibly cool that gents 60+ are frequent (and awesome) contributors to this forum? Many people of that age are, for lack of a better term, scared of technology, but not these guys! And if they didn't reveal their ages, I'm willing to bet that most would have a tough time guessing correctly.

Kudos, gents!

Oh, yeah, on-topic: I'm 46 (work in ecommerce, ride motorcycles and listen to everything from classic jazz/blues/rock to Minus the Bear to Gorillaz to Crystal Method) and I like Bay Rum. Stirling's ASB is what I've tried and it's quite nice.

I've seen multiple references that this is an "old man's scent"
"Old man" is very subjective and different people have different notions of what that means and what scents they associate it with. I'm 41 but I've enjoyed bay rum since I was much younger -- probably in my 20's. Enjoy what you like versus the highly subjective labels people may or may not place on a given scent. For any scent you'll find those that like it and those that do not.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Old man smell (OMS), no. The winter/Christmas connotation comes from the cinnamon overtones (at least in VIBR).

SHE said Clubman was an OMS, so. It's in the eye of the beholder, as it were.

AA

35 and a huge fan, particularly in the summer. I have a Col Conks bay rum soap arriving today in the mail.

I've heard of old man scents, but I've gotten more nice words (from the ladies) wearing either Old Spice or Bay Rum!

28 and I love bay rum. I use captains choice. my wife didn't care for the scent in the bottle. But one day I leaned in and said, "sniff me. You like that?" She said yes and I said, "knowledge bomb gurl, that's bay rum. Holla." Yea I talk like I'm 16. But whatevs yo. Wear what you wear! I also love Aqua velva ice blue and musk. It is what it is

Kyro

However this thread is geared towards lovers. If you post a thread titled, "who else here can't stand bay rum?" You'll get a thread just as long with all different ages.

Top Bottom