What's new

How Many Shaves to the bottom of a Shave Stick?

'Are we there yet?'

HAHA! But seriously, mind if I join in with my shave stick? Its a Mennen, the good old pastel green Aussie supermarket favourite. Started it the day before yesterday so I'm up to two.

- boingk

Please join in. The more the merrier.

What are they? I am using up my two gylcerin shave sticks fairly quickly. Perhaps I have a raspy beard, but I bet each stick will have less than 50 shaves each.

They are DR Harris Lavender and Arlington shave sticks. They are not glycerin but hard milled soap that have been formed to fill the shave stick.

They are DR Harris Lavender and Arlington shave sticks. They are not glycerin but hard milled soap that have been formed to fill the shave stick.

I've used several QED sticks, as well as Tabac, Erasmic, Boots and Palmolive sticks - all of which last longer than the QED or any glycerine stick. I suspect the Harris and TOBS sticks (which are next on my list) may last even longer.

I've used several QED sticks, as well as Tabac, Erasmic, Boots and Palmolive sticks - all of which last longer than the QED or any glycerine stick. I suspect the Harris and TOBS sticks (which are next on my list) may last even longer.

I see the same behavior with tubs. I have some triple milled soaps that have barely a dent in them after many uses. My QED soaps are well worn with similar usage patterns. The Glycerins soaps are cheaper than the high end triple milled so the cost per use could still be in the same ballpark.

Top Bottom