What's new

How Many Shaves to the bottom of a Shave Stick?

It may take awhile, but the world will finally know how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie roll pop.

Grapefruit Peppermint: Two.

Some of you guys ought to try some of the experiments you suggest and see what your calculations come up to be. Five years from now, when I finally finish one of these sticks, we will know if the "actual" count was close to the calculated count.

this would definitely be the most time-efficient method. One thing, though, is to weigh an empty stick container so you know the EXACT weight of the soap before starting (I know they list the # of oz of soap, but to be accurate you really have to weight just the soap yourself...or rather soap and container then subtract weight of just container.

Sorry...I drifted off there...fantasies of scales and whatnot
I agree, I thought about that but then figured that was too complicated. If the margin or error of thre weight of the product is five or ten percent I believe the same margin will propogate to the final results - but ain't too big a deal. Everyone will have different results anyway since I suspect most folks use varying amounts of product per use.

Another possibly important factor would be to wait for the product to full dry for a few days in between weights, like of yuo are using a wooden bowl just to make sure water weight wasn't affecting the results.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Geschmäcker sind verschieden!", sagte der Affe und biss in die Seife.

Sorry, I have to share a funny story that this quote reminded me of...not sure how funny this will be if you're not a native English speaker who also speaks German, but here goes anyway.

A couple years ago I was visiting a friend in Darmstadt and we were at the grocery store picking up the necessities. You know, beer and chips. Well, he asked me to pick out any flavor of chips I wanted and as any traveler knows, tastes vary a lot with snackfood from culture to culture. So I was reading the different bags and suddenly stopped dead in my tracks. "Geschmacksrichtungen?...Ihr sagt, 'Directions of flavor?'" We had a good laugh over that.

Why is it that when I read your posts I hear George Costanza's voice in my head?

Hi. My name's George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents. :biggrin:

Grapefruit Peppermint: III

I am thinking of accepting guesses for the total amount and then giving a shave stick to whomever is the closest.

Start with a new shave stick. Measure the amount (length) of soap in the new shave stick. Measure the stick before and after each use. Try to make the same types of motions when applying the soap for 3-5 days. Average out the amount used per day. Take the starting (new) length and divide by the average use per day.

This will not be exact, but very close, and you should be able to get results in just a few days.

'Are we there yet?'

HAHA! But seriously, mind if I join in with my shave stick? Its a Mennen, the good old pastel green Aussie supermarket favourite. Started it the day before yesterday so I'm up to two.

- boingk

Top Bottom