What's new

How many shaves do you get from one blade?

How many shaves before throwing away a blade?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can get 5 (or more) now as I only use my DEs for cleanup after I use my straight for the majority of passes. When I was shaving exclusively with a DE I would change blades after 3-4 shaves. Blades or cheap so why be a piker?

Depends... the blade, how many passes, my mood. I would say overall 4-6 shaves then to a new blade. I think with care I could almost always get 6-7 but why bother?

Three or four, then out the door. The blades are the most affordable component in our shave kits, and at the same time can really affect the outcome of the shave. :wink2:

Hear hear! Most blades I can get four shaves out of, some only three. So..even if the 4th shave is still pretty good, in the bin it goes. No sense risking tearing up my face to save a few cents!

5-7 avg-depending on blade. 2 or 3 pass shaves. If a new blade seems bad: 1-2 before tossing. The 2nd shave is usually better than the first for me with most blades.

5, a weeks worth for me. And, the 1st shave is always the roughest. I guess I get used to the duller blade and need a reminder. :rolleyes: Tried palm stropping today and seemed to help a bit.

I'm a 1 and done man too. I can start to feel drag at the end of 1 shave.

i may have to revisit this in a year or so to see if better technique allows me to go to 2

Depends on the blade, but I have gotten at least 5 days out of every blade I've tried so far. I trash them at the end of the week and start a new one regardless of how sharp it still is.

Lately, I'm getting two or three shaves from my Feather blades in my Feather razor. I could probably stretch it to five or six shaves per blade, but I like very sharp blades, and I often do three passes each shave with dozens of short strokes per pass.

For a DE blade I get 7 quality shaves.

For a SE blade I get 4 quality shaves.

And for a Schick Injector SE blade I get 7 quality shaves.

I shave 7 days a week, WTG, ATG, and XTG each time, and I take 3 minutes in facial preparation. My water is moderately hard, which takes a toll on blades.

Derby <1
Personna Comfort Coated Plus 3-4
Wal-mart Wilkinson Sword 3-4
7 am 2-3
Personna Med Prep (blue wrapper?) 3-4
Astra SPs 5-7 (usually a full week)

If it isn't tugging and it is still cutting, why toss it?

Top Bottom