What's new

How does your brush travel?

Wow. Could you make me one? I would pay for your materials and time.

I hadn't thought about making them for others when I did it, so this one isn't really cleaned up. I'm out of town this week, but I'm thinking about improvements/ways to make it look nicer. I'm willing to do it, but if I'm making for others, I want it to be something that doesn't look quite as rough. I'll let you know after this upcoming week. :smile:

I couldn't find a picture of my brush, so I'm substituting a close cousin (to give you an idea of the setup). My tavel brush is an Omega synthetic that came in a hard plastic tube and an insert that can be used as a stand. The insert also holds the brush into tube and allows good venting. I'm pretty happy with it.

O.K. the frozen juice container measures 4.75 in. high with a diameter of 2 and 5/8 in. After you peel off the plastic strip. Snip it off without ripping the tab. It will seal down nicely. Have fun.

damnit, lol

having technical difficulties with the picture, but WHITEBAR'S brush with the clear handle and badger head on it from the first and second page.

anyone know anything about these?

maybe I'll send whitebar a pm

I use a 3"x2"x6" airtight plastic container that I bought for a couple of dollars at Bed,Bath&Beyond. It holds a stick of Speick, a small badger brush, a couple of blades and my razor of choice, wrapped in a washcloth. This keeps everything from rattling. The container is airtight, but I usually shave at night and all is dry by morning so it's ready to pack for travel.

I couldn't find a picture of my brush, so I'm substituting a close cousin (to give you an idea of the setup). My tavel brush is an Omega synthetic that came in a hard plastic tube and an insert that can be used as a stand. The insert also holds the brush into tube and allows good venting. I'm pretty happy with it.

+1 I bought the set with the soap, brush and stand, the plastic tube makes it great for travel.

Cheers,
David

another TP Tube traveler here. VDH Boar in a toilet paper tube, and it's all good.

Sometimes, when the bristles look a bit rough, I'll stick my brush in a tube for a day or two just to get everything poking back up.

Personally I leave my good brush at home and use a cheap $8 omega boar brush (they're actually quite good, especially on soap). That way I can still get a good lather, but also don't feel too bad if the brush gets ruin for some reason.

Pill bottle (free) holes drilled in the top for longer trips.

On shorter trips where I have more control of my dopp kit I let the little badger run free.
The last thing I need is a PETA inquiry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom