What's new

How does Witch Hazel smell?

I use Dickinsons, which has been described generously as smelling like a wet campfire. To me, it smells faintly of old horse blanket, but as others say, fades quickly.

There are so many scents I dislike, can't stand or will leave an elevator over but witch hazel is not one of them. Go figure. To me it has almost a hint of wood smoke or maybe a doused wood fire but only very faint. I enjoy it and also have a small bottle with a few drops of bay rum mixed in which gives a whole new slant to things. Very refreshing and toning.
Tom D.

Just started using Humphreys WH, works well, and the scent IMO is a very natural woody scent that dissipates quickly.
Thayers original with Aloe is a favorite....both very refreshing to use immediately after shave.
Neither interfere with any aftershave or balm scents.

The generic store brand WH that I've tried have all smelled like hot dog water. Mix in a drop or two of cologne makes it tolerable until the smell goes away and all I'm left with is the light scent of the cologne.

medicinal meets slightly smoky, for the generic WH.
hot dog water has a bit of a salty/smoky smell, so its along the same lines. but to my nose, faint, and short lasting, so not as offensive as it sounds.

Top Bottom