What's new

Hospitalized from Straight Razor!

too...many... jokes...... only one.... keyboard.....

seriously tho, hope it heals up good. take your time shaving. slow it all down.
like a signature i read once. "relax, enjoy the lather"

Sorry that happened. It sounds like you'll be OK, though. If you decide to keep using straights, there's a ton of fun in it.

Dude - seriously - bad buzz! Heal fast.

I'll say this. Sometime in the near future someone is going to look at your hand - see the scar and ask about it. You'll be all yeah I cut it on the sharpest thing most people ever handle in their life time. They'll inevitably ask, do you still shave with a straight?

Your mission should you decide to take it as you heal, is to determine what's the "cooler" answer. Hell yes, or hell no!!

Good luck bro! Again - heal well!

Oh and fwi, after crashing the Harley - when people ask me if I still ride and I say no - I kind of feel like a wuss - but don't let that sway you : )

Wow! Sorry to hear about your accident and wish you a speedy recovery! I learned the hard way not to catch sharp items when I reached for a machete that was sliding out of it's scabbard. Lots of blood and stitches. I still have the scar on my finger to remind me not to do that :)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It looks like the baby from Eraserhead.

That's gold. Gold, I tell ya.

If no one responds to that, I'm quitting.

Oh lord that thing was creepy.

Skip to 3:33 and you will know.
Don't press spoiler, if you do not want to see this (slightly disturbing)

Thanks for that flashback - not! 30 years later and I am still trying to "un-see" it.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Separated at birth.

Attachments

• $meh_ro9620.jpg
    $meh_ro9620.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I think I'll be going mountain-man for at least this week, especially since I'm in a cast. Then perhaps DE until my SR courage returns. No injury could make me go back to carts! Thanks for the wishes!

in the 70's I worked in a lab where the initiation rite for young newbies was to toss a charged capacitor (just enough electricity to wake you up) and holler "catch". It's instinctual to try to catch things we value, I'll bet in the future that you'll have a better built in check to that instinct than most of us.

My $0.02, put the straight away for awhile and after a few months decide if you really liked shaving with a straight, or want to do something different.

Even though you been wounded and are temporarily in a cast, your a stand-up guy. Next year at this time, you'll be healed, won't have the cast but still be a stand-up guy.

Sorry to hear. Hope you have a swift recovery and get back on the horse.

By the way, is it too soon to make HFT jokes?

Best of luck with the recovery,

I sliced my pointy finger open at the inside first knuckle years ago. Severed the nerves artery and tendon.
All stitched back together after 2 ops and skin grafts from my hip.
I mostly have feeling.

Btw I can't believe nobody asked what razor it is yet. :whistling:

Wow - your story has me rethinking how i rest my straight on the countertop when I'm done shaving.

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

On the one hand, that sucks and I hope you recover quickly.

On the other hand, I'm sure I've seen way more straight razor injury stories involving a dropped razor than incorrect usage on the face. To me that speaks volumes for how safe the hobby itself is, even though the tools involved may not be.

I hereby declare you one GEM of a Razor Catcher! :a14:

Not long after joining this forum and getting my first DE, I hand shoulder surgery at 9:00 a.m. That evening my neighbors came over to see how I was feeling. I was feeling good enough to show the husband my new razor set up in the bathroom, explaining how the two piece Merkur came came apart. While re-tightening it, the head spun and the end of the blade sliced my thumb.

Back to the hospital for five stitches. You'd think with all the pain killer I had in me it wouldn't be too bad. Wrong!! Still hurt like hell!

Hope you heal up quickly.

Top Bottom