Holy mother, Dr. Bronner blinded me

Discussion in 'Skin, Body & Hair Care' started by Walravine, Jan 21, 2008.

1. I don't know how many of you use Dr. Bronner's liquid peppermint oil soap, but a word to the wise: don't get this stuff in your eyes. Two days ago a drop of it splashed out of my palm and into my right eye, and it felt like a car battery had exploded in my face. Holy schnikes! The bottle says to rinse your eyes for fifteen minutes. Oh yes. Good soap, excellent torture tool.

2. SmoovD

SmoovD Contributor

I love that stuff. It is the perfect soap for those morning when it is especially difficult to get motivated. That will get you going.

3. Limey

Limey Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. :crying: It is great soap but it does do that to the eyes. I learned that early on as well.

4. Dilute!Dilute!Dilute! Watched a PBS special on the good doctor, bit of a nutbar, but the soaps, they are good.

5. Oh sheesh, it does say that on the label! I just squirt it straight from the bottle.:eek:

6. Heh. I get my hands wet and put about one drop in my hands and wind up with more lather than I could possibly use.

7. Dr. Bronner's soaps are indeed interesting. I buy the peppermint soap by the gallon and split in amongst my kitchen, shower, laundry and misc. cleaning products. The soap actually does a pretty good job with dishes and leaves a nice scent when you add a bit to the washing machine.

Sometimes I feel a little strange using the same soap for my body, face, dishes and toilet...but I'm starting to get over it.

Anyone remember the old SNL skit about "Shimmer?" Its a floor polish and a dessert topping!