What's new

Hole-in-one

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I saw someone posted in one of the contest threads that one of the best things that ever happened to them was a hole-in-one. So I thought it would be interesting to see how many B&B'ers have ever had a hole-in-one. If you have, post the course, yardage and club used and any interesting tidbit surrounding that moment.

Rum Pointe (Ocean City, Maryland) - 17th Hole (about 5 years ago).
137 yards
7 Iron (wind in my face :wink2:)

It was the first time I played that course. I thought it rolled off the back of the green. My playing partner said, "I thought I heard plastic." (it was windy so it was hard to really hear it.)

Walked up to the green and there it was, sitting in the cup.

No high-fivin' since I really didn't see it go in but a nice feeling nevertheless.

With the hole-in-one, shot a 97. :rolleyes: Not exactly a card I'm hanging on the wall. :lol:

Last edited:
Various miniature golf courses, various holes in one. On the real golf course, my putting is abysmal. Closest I have come is within 5 feet over a water shot 5-6 years ago.

I stepped to the par 3 9th tee trailing by 2 strokes. Not wanting to fall too far behind for the back 9 I felt the pressure. I pulled my club and took my practice swings preparing for a center pin location. Then the wind gusted straight into my face. I returned my club and thought for a minute. The wind was in my face but I can see the flag blowing away from me. So I reached back in my bag and pulled out the club and went for it. I never felt anything like it as I struck that ball as pure as possible. The ball went left but cut back into the slope and went right through the windmill for a hole in one. Greatest day of my life

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I did. Derrydale golf course . . . couldn't even see the hole. I more than made up for the strokes I saved very quickly though.

Well, I've never had one. But, my friend and I worked at a country club in high school, which allowed us to play free golf (worth more than the crappy wages). Anyways, one day at the 10th hole, a short par three, my friend tees up with a 5-wood and I start laughing my *** off because it was way too much club. He got mad and took it upon himself to really show me - he winds up like he is John Daley and manages to shank the crap out of the ball, which worm burns its way down the middle of the fairway at a few hundred miles per hour and hits the pin dead center and falls in the cup. We were 15 and we high-fived for twenty minutes whilst shouted various obscenities - such as holy ___!, no ____ way!, ____ awesome!, etc.

I still chuckle about this from time to time. Thanks for the great thread.

Last edited:
Before posting a new hole-in-one thread, I figured I'd search to see if there was one already. Sure enough I found a real old thread!

Well my uncle had his 5th hole-in-one today so I'm back to lamenting about my lack of one... The current family hole-in-one tally stands at 9-grandfather, 5-uncle, 2-grandmother, 2-dad, 1-mom. They've got a few years of golfing on me, so I'm sure my day will come my day better be coming!

Great story. Made me laugh. Scorecard doesn't care or show how it happened, just that it did happen!

Well, I've never had one. But, my friend and I worked at a country club in high school, which allowed us to play free golf (worth more than the crappy wages). Anyways, one day at the 10th hole, a short par three, my friend tees up with a 5-wood and I start laughing my *** off because it was way too much club. He got mad and took it upon himself to really show me - he winds up like he is John Daley and manages to shank the crap out of the ball, which worm burns its way down the middle of the fairway at a few hundred miles per hour and hits the pin dead center and falls in the cup. We were 15 and we high-fived for twenty minutes whilst shouted various obscenities - such as holy ___!, no ____ way!, ____ awesome!, etc.

I still chuckle about this from time to time. Thanks for the great thread.

Top Bottom