What's new

Hey!

New guy here. Been DE shaving for about 5 years and decided to join the forum. Currently, I own two razors...though I've owned several in the past. They are an EJ DE8911 and a Gillette Old Type OC with the common fractured handle.

Been using Astra SPs and Feathers exclusively over the last 4 years, but have recently bought a bunch of samplers on ebay. I have roughly 8 new blades I'll be trying out and hope to discuss my experiences on the forums. They are all Russian Blades except for some Shark blades I received as a "bonus".

I recently switched to Cremo Shave Cream and love it. I don't use an AS. Cold Water after shaving feels good and does the trick for me.

That's about it for now. I'll see you around the forums!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome aboard! Looks like you are doing well.

IMO, the 89series razors are excellent. The Russian blades I have tried are all in the good-to-great range.

Welcome aboard! Looks like you are doing well.

IMO, the 89series razors are excellent. The Russian blades I have tried are all in the good-to-great range.

Thanks for the Welcome BigJ..... I am sure there is no black and white response since everything about DE shaving seems to be individualized but my query is if the lack of my close shave after 2-3 passes in various directions is more likely human error or the blade/razor combination I have (I know it's tough to answer but I was thinking on ordering some Feather blades).....rather than continue down the path of blade experiments it there some trick to the process I might be missing?

Top Bottom