What's new

~HELP~ please with 3 razors

Greetings from New Zealand
I was wondering if anyone could help me about some razors I've found whilst going through a deceased estate.
Are they in the right cases? The Gillette Junior one the container is tin with a kind felt like lining yet I think another one I saw on here had all tin? What might be some of the years of them?
I'm not sure how to work the Gillette Adjustable, what do the numbers stand for?

:flowers::flowers:
Thanks

Attachments

• $razorrocket.jpg
    $razorrocket.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 96
  • $GillAd.jpg
    $GillAd.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 94
  • $razorjunior.jpg
    $razorjunior.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 93
I was wondering if anyone could help me about some razors I've found whilst going through a deceased estate.
Are they in the right cases? The Gillette Junior one the container is tin with a kind felt like lining yet I think another one I saw on here had all tin? What might be some of the years of them?

The first is a '60s-style flare-tipped Super Speed. It looks like a G-2 date code, which would be the second quarter of 1961.

The second is a Fatboy, originally called just the Gillette Adjustable or the Gillette 195 Adjustable, as it was sold for $1.95. I can't see the date code on the underside of the head, but it'll have a letter on the left and number on the right. The letter will be a D, E, F, or G, and represents the year it was made (1958-1961), and the number represents the quarter of that year.

The third, if it's a proper match to the case (and I have no reason to think it's not), would be a later Rocket-style Aristocrat Junior. At some point in the early '50s they changed from the thick, solid guard plate on the Aristocrat Junior to the thinner diamond-stamped version like the one you have there.

I'm not sure how to work the Gillette Adjustable, what do the numbers stand for?

The higher the number the larger the gap between the blade and the guard bar, which exposes more of the blade making higher settings more aggressive than lower settings. Just be sure to loosen the silo doors before adjusting so you don't put unnecessary pressure on the internal mechanism.

Here are a couple of example photos I took of a Fatboy set on 1 and then on 9 that will hopefully illustrate the difference:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B, very good 2nd post ..You got helped by one of our very informative and knowledgeable valued members Macdaddy.

Top Bottom