Have you ever seen an ad for a blade that admits it is lousy? Check this out

Discussion in 'Safety Razor Blades' started by Teddyboy, May 23, 2012.

1. I just came from Bestshave.net to look at the Turkish made Perma-Sharps. The following text is included in the ad; checkout what is in the italics. I kid you not, I cannot believe it. Here is the link http://shop.bestshave.net/10-permasharp-super-double-edge-razor-blades-p-3.html.

10 Perma-Sharp Super Double Edge Razor Blades
    in plastic dispensers 5 razor blades
    Total 2 dispensers = 10 double edge razor blades

Limited Stock
    Madein Turkey by Celik Sanayi A.s.
    Please note
    This product is for collection only.
    Not recommended for a good shave.

For high-quality shaving, click on the following product
    http://shop.bestshave.net/5-permasharp-double-edge-razor-blades-p-32.html

2. Nice! I will be picking up a few of those soon. I've been meaning to get a crappy shave lately.

3. Muhahaha...

4. I guess every now and then we need a crap shave to remind us of the joy of a good shave??:lol: Mwahahahaahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!

5. At least they are honest about it!

6. Very nice, It has been getting harder and harder to fill my crappy blade collection. It makes my search so much easier when they just come right out and say it.:lol:

7. If anyone wants some bad karma, they should buy a carton of these and post this up on the PIF thread!

8. Consider yourself warned, huh?:tongue_sm

9. Reminds me of Razor Blades and More Co's catalog entry for their Dorco SE blades.

10. Graybeard57

Graybeard57 Steward Contributor

Makes you want to get some. Perhaps a gift to someone you dislike?

11. Thanks I feel like a bigger retard, somehow I didn't see that, I did see 10-pack in plastic vs. 5-pack in cardboard, I thought they were exactly the same. Wow now I know not to use them.

12. Probably added after your thread was posted.

By all means try them, but I think it is more to do with the fact that some people have awful shaves with them.

I got a passable shave out of my Slim with one. But the cardboard ones give a magnificent shave with the Slim (just finished a shave with a fresh blade... heaven!)

13. Ah ok, yeah I was sure it was poorly worded and sounded like a plastic 10-pack that I assumed was just larger than the cardboard 5-pack, but really it was a 2 5-packs lol. Oh well, the prices on BestShave.net are very reasonable, and I didn't order 100 or anything luckily.

14. The customer comments are all good on the blade.

15. Like coffee you HAVE to have a bad one now & then to know what a good one is! LOL.

16. DEW

DEW

Buy some for those people you don't like, or just get some for your mother-in-laws shave den.:w00t:

17. Graybeard57

Graybeard57 Steward Contributor

Nice that they're honest. Wanna bet that the buyer tried them anyway? I'd be tempted.