What's new

Haslinger Shaving Cream

Great work-- that definitely looks like Castle Forbes.
It is smooth and creamy now. I didn't notice any lumps or chunks when mixing it up.

Things will probably slow down now as I let it settle again. Looking back, I've added 45ml of water to a 60g puck.

I'll weigh it every few days to see what is happening with the water. Is it evaporating or holding in the soap? The volume of product is clearly larger in the tub.

When I feel it is done, I'll run a knife through it on video so everyone can see the consistency. The big test will be performance. Do I need to add much water during the shave or will it have enough in it? How long will it last? Will it change much over the course of 3017ing it?

Still a lot of questions to be answered.

This is one of the best threads on B&B right now. Loving it!

+1.
[MENTION=36370]brucered[/MENTION], once you get this into a cream could you find a way to get that cream stuffed into an empty Proraso cream tube? I love those Proraso tubes but would love them more if they had Haslinger cream inside. :laugh:

+1.
[MENTION=36370]brucered[/MENTION], once you get this into a cream could you find a way to get that cream stuffed into an empty Proraso cream tube? I love those Proraso tubes but would love them more if they had Haslinger cream inside. [emoji23]
or a pump hand moisturizer bottle...

+1.
@brucered, once you get this into a cream could you find a way to get that cream stuffed into an empty Proraso cream tube? I love those Proraso tubes but would love them more if they had Haslinger cream inside. :laugh:

Pretty sure that was already the plan. I mean if that's not the case we might have to knock this thread down a few pegs! :lol:

+1.
[MENTION=36370]brucered[/MENTION], once you get this into a cream could you find a way to get that cream stuffed into an empty Proraso cream tube? I love those Proraso tubes but would love them more if they had Haslinger cream inside. :laugh:

Pretty sure that was already the plan. I mean if that's not the case we might have to knock this thread down a few pegs! :lol:

Don't think it didn't cross my mind!

Those Proraso metal tubes are by far the best packaging for cream in a tube.

I wonder if this would work with Arko. I think I have a suitable container to try it in.

Did this process a while back and ended up with essentially a CF-style Arko cream akin to the photo upthread. It most definitely works, and it'll shock you how much water that stick will soak up!

How's it looking today, Bruce?

How's it looking today, Bruce?

You tell me!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry for the bad lighting, it gets dark earlier here since fhe time chance....no outside light getting in.

it's ruined. send it my way for proper disposal ;)
If it works, anyone will be able to make their own Haslinger cream in the span of a few days and a bit of water.

I'm tempted to use it tonight, but want to see how long it stays this consistency. I hope to start it December 01, or whenever my Schafmilch is done.

It's sure looking good to me. Based on the creaminess and volume, I couldn't be happier with how's it's turning out.

Last edited:
I'd say that's looking pretty good!! I'll be interested to hear how much you load during your shaves and if the soap performs any differently with all of that water already in it pre-shave.

That looks really awesome. Experimenting is definitely really cool. I might have to try this with other soaps. I have some mystic water that reacted in a strange way to warm/hot water by melting. It became like a liquid soap and still worked great. Like a Kiss My Face consistency.

I might have to try the small amounts of distilled water process to see if it becomes cream like this Haslinger.

Looks good [MENTION=36370]brucered[/MENTION]. I'm looking forward to hearing how your shaves go. I might have to give this a try some day.

How is the Haslinger cream holding up? Is it evaporating or losing any of its water weight?
I looked at it the other night and it was still as full and just as creamy. The scent is has not faded or dissipated either. While it was never strong, it's definitely still there when I sniff it, and even strong than I remembered it from the puck.

I was thinking of adding another 15ml of water today, to bring it up to 60g of product and 60ml of water and see if that's the sweet spot for making Haslinger Cream.

I'll snap a few pics, take a few weights/measurements tonight and post them. As it turns out, my Haslinger Schafmilch is going faster than expected, so I may be starting this Haslinger Cream a few days earlier, we'll see.

I use creams exclusively, so having been inspired by the OP's brilliant post, I made my own Haslinger (Shafmilch Rasierseife) shaving cream. I wanted it to be of the same consistency as Crown Shaving Co. shave cream, which is looser and creamier than most. Well, everything worked out great and I got a wonderful shave this morning with what may be the slickest lather that I have ever used, bar none.

This week I'm gong to try a few more brands that produce great soaps but no complimentary cream. $IMG_0082.jpg$IMG_0085.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is after resting a week or so. 45ml of water, 128g
proxy.php

Added 15ml more water, so 60ml total. Sitting at 145g. That means I have 51g of water added to the 60g puck. I'm guessing some will evaporate before use.

proxy.php

I'll let this this a couple weeks, measure and start to use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom