What's new

Has anyone used Castle Forbes Aftershave Balm?

Well, I love the creams (Lime & Lavender) so just got both the matching balms.

haven't tried any CF balms, but have a feeling i'm in for a treat. :drool:

Sorry to bump this thread from months ago... but I recently got the Castle Forbes lavender aftershave balm and was wondering - does anyone else feel like the balm doesn't really absorb into your face, but rather just becomes a layer on top afterwards?

Not sure if I'm describing it properly... basically, my skin does feel nice and smooth after it dries, but if I wet my face a little (say, when I'm about to wash my face in the evening), I noticed that the balm literally just liquifies on my skin - so there becomes the slick layer of "lotion" that I need to rinse off as I'm washing my face... I never experienced this with the one other aftershave I've tried (Kiehl's A/S balm). With that one, I found that it would be a little bit too oily (avocado oil & aloe vera), no matter how little I used, but my skin definitely absorbed it.

Hmm... does any of what I just wrote make sense? :blink:

It could be that your skin is naturally oily so you don't need something so heavy. Try using less product or maybe diluting it with something else?

I found this was the case with my face when I owned the Limes, but I always apply too much balm (sometimes does more damage than good!). In any case this can be a good thing as it 'protects' your face all day long right through to the evening.

Yes, I've tried the lime balm. Comes down to two things: 1) Absolutely amazing lime scent and 2) very effective soothing. $50.00 per bottle. Wish I could afford it on a regular basis. ;-)

M

Member 113878

I have the Lime and the Cedar & Sandalwood.
Both are great, but the smell goes away very fast, sadly.

Top Bottom