What's new

Has anyone tried the bevel de razor?

Haven't decided to buy a Bevel razor yet. Have heard from a few members in a German wet shaving forum that the Bevel is very finical when it comes to choosing the blades that work best with it, and also, that the Bevel wears blades out quickly. Even Feather blades that usually last 12 to 16 consecutive shaves in a DE89 razor are reported to last only four or five good shaves in a Bevel and then need to be replaced.
That's kind of a weird charge. Especially since, generally speaking, blade life is extended by using mild DE razors, and the Bevel is reportedly fairly mild. Hmmm.........

49.00 on the shelf at Target, 29.00 on amazon. What amazed me was the shaving cream. Like 14.00 for 2 oz. I worry that the price and quality or lack there of might turn of potential de converts. Glad I found this site beforehand.

Mark

That's kind of a weird charge. Especially since, generally speaking, blade life is extended by using mild DE razors, and the Bevel is reportedly fairly mild. Hmmm.........

Well, it isn't anything I can confirm due to my lack of a Bevel razor, it's just something that I picked up in another forum. ;)

Haven't decided to buy a Bevel razor yet. Have heard from a few members in a German wet shaving forum that the Bevel is very finical when it comes to choosing the blades that work best with it, and also, that the Bevel wears blades out quickly. Even Feather blades that usually last 12 to 16 consecutive shaves in a DE89 razor are reported to last only four or five good shaves in a Bevel and then need to be replaced.
I bought one and in fairness, I don't even use a Feather for 5+ shaves in any razor. The Bevel is a good razor and I like it.

[...] I don't even use a Feather for 5+ shaves in any razor.

In all fairness: I find Feather blades a bit too expensive to chuck them out before at least 12 good shaves.

Bevel razors seem to be a bit difficult to acquire here in Germany. The Bevel website only allows North American postal addresses, no European. There is another site that sells and ships Bevel razors overseas, but they add shipping cost and customs duties, so I have to pay a markup of almost 50 % on top of the original retail price (€70 = $74). I find this quite steep for a razor made from zamak. There are enough good razors that can be had for significantly less, so I will probably pass out on the Bevel unless a friend or colleague gets one for me on his way home from the US. ;)

In all fairness: I find Feather blades a bit too expensive to chuck them out before at least 12 good shaves.

Bevel razors seem to be a bit difficult to acquire here in Germany. The Bevel website only allows North American postal addresses, no European. There is another site that sells and ships Bevel razors overseas, but they add shipping cost and customs duties, so I have to pay a markup of almost 50 % on top of the original retail price (€70 = $74). I find this quite steep for a razor made from zamak. There are enough good razors that can be had for significantly less, so I will probably pass out on the Bevel unless a friend or colleague gets one for me on his way home from the US. ;)
If I decide to sell mine, I will let you know so long as you're willing to pay shipping and are patient for it to get to you. I have been finding myself using Tech razors because they are more maneuverable for my beard. However, if I had a clean shaven face, I think the Bevel would actually be my go to. I just don't have the space to keep hoarding DE razors and soaps and creams.

If I decide to sell mine, I will let you know so long as you're willing to pay shipping and are patient for it to get to you.

That is the spirit of a true gentleman, and I would appreciate it if you inform me when you decide to part with your Bevel.

I am very similar when it comes to NOT hoarding or stashing razors, brushes, soaps or other gear. It is not so much a space issue, I just hate collecting items that I will probably never use again in my life.

That is the spirit of a true gentleman, and I would appreciate it if you inform me when you decide to part with your Bevel.

I am very similar when it comes to NOT hoarding or stashing razors, brushes, soaps or other gear. It is not so much a space issue, I just hate collecting items that I will probably never use again in my life.
Have you taken a look at the Option 5 Razor? Very similar looking razor to the Bevel, with a substantial handle. It's either love or hate. I've tried mine a few times, and it works very well. I will tell you that it shaves very comfortably and very efficiently for a mild razor. Plus, it ships out of Europe and you would pay less for it there.
20170108_154320.jpg
20170108_154244.jpg

Haven't known this Option 5 even exist, but it looks to me as if you need to work out really hard before you can shave with this "Merkur Futur minus the adjustability" knock-off. ;) For me, it is not a question of "love or hate", I just prefer slimmer designs.

Haven't known this Option 5 even exist, but it looks to me as if you need to work out really hard before you can shave with this "Merkur Futur minus the adjustability" knock-off. ;) For me, it is not a question of "love or hate", I just prefer slimmer designs.
I understand. But it actually is a pretty good razor. Sorta has that Merkur Futur kind of look. Shaves like a Futur on 2 maybe 2.5. Very efficient. I passed it on to my Lady of the house, she loves it. Best DE in her mind.

I can't lie , I find myself using the bevel more and more. I almost want to get rid of all my other DE's and keep the bevel .

Top Bottom