Harris Almond and TOBS lavender

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by skirby, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Ok guys, never have used hard soaps (or any soap for that matter) before so took a leap and got some TOBS lavender and Harris Almond on the way. BTW the TOBS lavender was $8.31 on Amazon. Hopefully the soaps live up to the hype. I have a brand new Colonel x2l waiting to see how they work!! Any suggestions on which to try first or technique is always appreciated.

Scott

2. I had the TOBS lavender...my best lather results came from the following:
    1) putting some warm/hot water on the puck for a few minutes, usually while I showered before shaving (dumping off of the puck before loading)
    2) loading with a brush whereby a good bit of the excess water was shaken out (and adding water slowly during the lather building.

Good luck!

3. djh

djh Moderator

They are two good products- I recently finished a puck of TOBS Lavender and I have a puck of Harris Almond in the cabinet waiting for me. You will find a huge amount of collected wisdom on soaps in these threads.

4. Got a good deal on that soap at the very least.

5. Harris Almond has a nice light scent. I'll be posting about the stick version in a few days.

I don't know about the newer TOBS Lavender soap, but the old stuff was/is very good, certainly one of my top soaps. TOBS products in general are usually good performers.

6. I have and use both , they are both great.. Basically anything from DR Harris or TOBS is great.