What's new

Group picture.

$IMG_1324.jpg

From L to R:
Stirling Kong Synthetic, Simpsons Ch 2 synth, Stirling 24mm Fan, Stirling 26mm short loft synth, Stirling 26mm finest, Shavemac 28mm silvertip, WSP HMW stubby(27mm), ThatDarnRob 24mm tux synth.

I love all of them. Don't ask me which is my favorite it would be like asking which of my kids I love more. Each one of them is great depending on the mood that I am in. Not only that, if I was restricted to just having one, any of them would be great for the rest of my life.

I think I am done for a while but man some of those bradsears/M&F, Paladin, or elite brushes look good.
When I have time, I'll do a detailed review of all of them in this thread.
I can do the Kong Stirling review now.

This was one of my first brushes that I bought.
Very easy to use very soft on the face for face lathering. Holds water and soap just fine. More than enough to do the 3 passes I do daily: wtg, xtg, atg. This brush is a ridiculous bargain--thanks Stirling for making it such a great product.
The Razorock version is the same, I bought two Razorock ones for both my sons when I was getting soaps and blades from Italian barber.

Very nice line-up, thanks for sharing! :thumbup1: I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think of the Stirling 24mm Fan, as I am seriously considering getting one.

Nice group picture! You have some lovely brushes in there. You got me inspired, so I hope you don't mind me posting my group picture of my collection.

proxy.php

1. Vie-Long 13071 - Horse
  2. Proraso Brush - Boar
  3. Semogue 820R - Boar
  4. Whipped Dog 30mm - Synthetic
  5. Frank Shaving & Victoria Sheng - Synthetic
  6. J&T Custom Whipped Dog - Boar
  7. RazoRock Plissoft - Synthetic
  8. Kent BLK8 - Silvertip Badger
  9. RazoRock Plissoft Italian Barber - Synthetic
  10. Mühle Fibre XL - Synthetic
  11. Maggard 24mm - Synthetic
  12. RazoRock Big Bruce Plissoft - Synthetic
  13. Maggard 22mm - 2-Band Finest Badger
  14. L'Occitane Plisson - Synthetic
  15. Shavemac LE 2016 - 2-Band Silvertip Badger
  16. Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger
  17. J&T - 2-Band Finest Badger

Not in the picture:

1. Edwin Jagger - Pure Badger
  2. Kruidvat - Boar
  3. De Vergulde Hand - Boar

Nice - here are mine
$20170107_114531.jpg

Aluminium DIY Travel Badger
Unbranded Wood Handled Chinese Horsehair
Unbranded Chinese Synthetic Silvertip
Unbranded Dark Badger from England
Vie Long 4101 Professional (60% Boar / 40% White Horsehair)

Great show Gents :thumbsup: - there are some really fine brushes there.

I'm not lining mine up, my current count say 163 :001_rolle - too many and not enough :lol:

View attachment 716408

From L to R:
Stirling Kong Synthetic, Simpsons Ch 2 synth, Stirling 24mm Fan, Stirling 26mm short loft synth, Stirling 26mm finest, Shavemac 28mm silvertip, WSP HMW stubby(27mm), ThatDarnRob 24mm tux synth.

I love all of them. Don't ask me which is my favorite it would be like asking which of my kids I love more. Each one of them is great depending on the mood that I am in. Not only that, if I was restricted to just having one, any of them would be great for the rest of my life.

I think I am done for a while but man some of those bradsears/M&F, Paladin, or elite brushes look good.
When I have time, I'll do a detailed review of all of them in this thread.
I can do the Kong Stirling review now.

This was one of my first brushes that I bought.
Very easy to use very soft on the face for face lathering. Holds water and soap just fine. More than enough to do the 3 passes I do daily: wtg, xtg, atg. This brush is a ridiculous bargain--thanks Stirling for making it such a great product.
The Razorock version is the same, I bought two Razorock ones for both my sons when I was getting soaps and blades from Italian barber.

Awesome!

Nice group picture! You have some lovely brushes in there. You got me inspired, so I hope you don't mind me posting my group picture of my collection.

proxy.php

1. Vie-Long 13071 - Horse
  2. Proraso Brush - Boar
  3. Semogue 820R - Boar
  4. Whipped Dog 30mm - Synthetic
  5. Frank Shaving & Victoria Sheng - Synthetic
  6. J&T Custom Whipped Dog - Boar
  7. RazoRock Plissoft - Synthetic
  8. Kent BLK8 - Silvertip Badger
  9. RazoRock Plissoft Italian Barber - Synthetic
  10. Mühle Fibre XL - Synthetic
  11. Maggard 24mm - Synthetic
  12. RazoRock Big Bruce Plissoft - Synthetic
  13. Maggard 22mm - 2-Band Finest Badger
  14. L'Occitane Plisson - Synthetic
  15. Shavemac LE 2016 - 2-Band Silvertip Badger
  16. Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger
  17. J&T - 2-Band Finest Badger

Not in the picture:

1. Edwin Jagger - Pure Badger
  2. Kruidvat - Boar
  3. De Vergulde Hand - Boar

Don't mind at all. The more the merrier. Very nice collection!

Ok. So let me talk about the Chubby 2 synthetic and Stirling Fan as I have used them for a bit now.

Chubby 2 synth: It looks like it could be stiff but in use it is really soft. Very nice for face lathering. I usually put a base of Body Shop Maca Root cream on my face and then use the wet brush and get the soap that I want the scent of loaded. Very easy to get enough lather for 3 passes plus. Also, I don't have to worry about hair shedding from a $250 brush(which it would be with a super badger knot).

Stirling Fan: This one is 24mm. This is a great brush. I'm not sure how they can sell it for so little. The handle is substantial and doesn't feel cheap at all. The hair has good backbone but the tips are soft and very nice for face lathering.
If anyone is thinking about a badger brush, I cannot recommend this one highly enough.

Let me review the Shavemac:
The one that I have is the 29mm or 30mm knot, not sure which but I bought it used(it's barely used).
The brush is the second from bottom on their configurator(Silvertip).
This is a really, really, nice brush. Don't let the size fool you, it works great for face lathering as long as you don't press it hard against the face(there's really no reason to). It is very soft, has enough backbone.
I can't imagine how the higher grade knots could be any better honestly.

Top Bottom