What's new

Group Buy/Split: Tom Ford TUSCAN LEATHER

Just wanted to add that I got mine a few days back and am loving this scent! Thanks for the effort Chandos, the packaging and bottle is top notch.

I'm going through it pretty quickly already because I'm really liking it, but I might be overspraying because it seems to go to a skin scent pretty quickly on me. I'm thinking that my wife is smelling it much more than I am, because I want to spray a little bit more so that I keep getting whiffs of it but I haven't asked her yet as my guess is she is already sick of me talking about colognes. Anway, I'm excited to try this over a period of time and see how my tastes for it develop.

Thanks again for the split!

Mine arrived today. I can barely smell right now due a cold, but what I can smell is really nice. I'm looking forward to wearing this once the sinuses open back up.

Got mine yesterday. Excellent transaction/packaging from Chandos.

Need to spend some time with the scent. Not loving it yet.

Received yesterday, thanks again Chandos! You're a gentleman and a scholar sir. Will try out new scent tomorrow...

Got mine yesterday. Excellent transaction/packaging from Chandos.

Need to spend some time with the scent. Not loving it yet.

+1 ... a true member of the community, Chandos, to have done something like this. I can't thank you enough. Must've been such a pain.

Not in love with the scent yet, either. I had samples of Tobacco Vanille and Bois Rouge (both Tom Ford) and there is something common to Bois Rouge and Tuscan Leather.

TL reminds me of a smell I used to like but reminds me of someone I didn't like in my childhood. Really odd, but still playing with it. Thanks again.

This was an AMAZING thing for Chandos to do considering it was not done for profit. I did not get in on the split because the scent did not interest me. But what a great way to try a high end fragrance at such a low price.

got mine the other day as well. this decant smells a bit sweeter than my sample based on a quick whiff not on skin... that may not be the case once i start spraying...

Man, this is some delicious stuff. But STRONG!! I wasn't sure about it when I first put it on, but an hour later it's settled into something that makes my wrist come up to my nose without any conscious thought. Nice!

Big thanks to Chandros of course! In regards to the scent, at first I kind of hated it (dirty ash tray?). However it has grown on me and it's kind of a fun scent to wear. I don't think I'd ever buy a full bottle, but it's nice to throw on here and there.

I received mine today. Very nice glass atomizer. I didn't expect that. I applied 1 single spray to my left wrist. This stuff is potent.. I definately fet leather but there is something else. Is it grapefruit.... No. Is it mothballs.... No. Maybe cedar wood. I cant decide what it is but it smells like mainly a new italian leather sofa with cedarwood framing that has been shipped with a few mothballs in the shipping crate. I haven't looked at the notes. I will probably laugh at myself after I read them. I do like this scent though. It is quite different from my other leather based scents

I received mine today. Very nice glass atomizer. I didn't expect that. I applied 1 single spray to my left wrist. This stuff is potent.. I definately fet leather but there is something else. Is it grapefruit.... No. Is it mothballs.... No. Maybe cedar wood. I cant decide what it is but it smells like mainly a new italian leather sofa with cedarwood framing that has been shipped with a few mothballs in the shipping crate. I haven't looked at the notes. I will probably laugh at myself after I read them. I do like this scent though. It is quite different from my other leather based scents

Supposedly the notes are raspberry, leather, and cocaine. Go figure.

Glad everyone is enjoying them and honestly it was little to no trouble. From my end, it's a lot of fun to hear all the responses to the scent. Some like it some don't, it's all good. And here's a confession, I do actually get "something" from it. With an order like that I can get the SA to send me samples that they wouldn't normally sell. When you spend $950 - and you know the SA is getting some commission - they will send you a sample of something like Clive Christian, for example, something you know they aren't supposed to send you, but will. So for my work, I at least get to sample some things that are hard to find or come by. But I don't profit from it, it's certainly not a money maker and when you get busted packages or split orders that makes it a bit more difficult but that's the plus of working with these retailers because they will back everything up, they can't risk losing your business.

Enjoy all! I certainly do!

Last edited:
When is your next split!!!

I don't know, I'm in a bit of a hole. Instead of paying off my credit card, I spent the money on the B&B Fundraiser, some creams (TFS, SMN, and XPEC), and an M&F brush. Impulsive purchases that I will no doubt enjoy but I need to dig myself out first. I need some time to think about what else I want to bring to the group, anyway. I split Creed CdR, Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, and some vintage aftershaves, which were things I wanted to "share," because they are things I'm passionate about. I'll need to figure out what other passions I can share. I'm considering Guerlain Vetiver pour elle, simply because I doubt a lot of folks will try it unless they can get a small sample or decant. It's going to be discontinued but I see it's still widely available, so now's the time to do it.

I finally wore it today - wow, awesome scent. My only experience with leather before was Knize Ten, and while both are clearly leather, they're very different at the same time.

Thanks again for putting this together, Chandos!

got mine in the pile of held mail from my trip.

Much thanks Chandos.

It's a great scent I would never have experienced.

Thank you Chandos. I woke up this morning and applied TL and started the day. I worked all day, going about my business as usual. Then got home and changed clothes to get ready for my baseball practice...I coach the middle school team that my son plays for. It was about 85 degrees today, not that hot, but very humid due to an earlier round of thunder showers. Needless to say, I was sweating profusely, but as I was doing so...the scent of TL began wafting over the area. I loved it and so did some of the players, lol. Not really the compliments I'm accustomed to getting, but I'll take them ;-)

Top Bottom