What's new

Group Buy/Split: Creed Cuir de Russie

peculiar indeed, but precipitates are normal, especially the older they get. Although it's not aesthetically pleasing, it's harmless.

Thats what I was suspecting...things tend to precipitate out of old solutions. I don't mind it, I was just checking if there was something wrong with the atomizer or whatever. Actually it's kinda cool, its a nice effect :) plus I guess it means its authentic vintage stock. Just have to shake it up when I spray it on...

ALL! The pleasure was all mine, I assure you. I'm not the biggest Creed fan but this is without a doubt my favorite leather fragrance. I just wish it lasted longer. To answer your question, Quintar, for some reason it does have a precipitate in it. Yours likely came from near the bottom of the flacon, luck of the draw unfortunately, but if it makes you feel better, my decants do too. In fact, older perfumes will often precipitate in some way, leaving a residue in the bottom, especially orientals. It's nothing to worry about, won't affect the scent or the spray mechanism. Oddly enough, I've even found a hair or two in full-bottle perfumes that are crimped and sealed in boxes. I have no way of explaining that, peculiar indeed, but precipitates are normal, especially the older they get. Although it's not aesthetically pleasing, it's harmless.

Creed is one of the houses that I find over-rated as well. That said, there are several of their fragrances that are truly masterpieces. Windsor is probably my favorite fragrance and Feuilles Verte and Cuir de Russie stand with the best of any niche house. If I had to have only one leather fragrance, it would probably be Dior's Leather Oud, but Cuir de Russie, Oud Cuir d'Arabie and Knize 10 are all what I consider to be "five star" scents. They each are unique enough to consider owning at least a decent sized decant of.

Mike

30ml of Cuir de Russie from this purchase is for sale on B/S/T right now if anyone missed out or is looking to add to what they purchased.

Paul

Top Bottom