What's new

Good Gin?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
New Amsterdam is my go to for G&Ts and martinis, if you want something really different look for Corsair gin. It is very different.

I like Bluecoat for my "cheap" gin.

Hendricks for G&T's.

Plymouth for a classic Martini.

There are a bunch of gins that I need to try, but I balk at paying 50 or 60 bucks for gin.

I used to think that gin tasted like poisoned berries, until I tried good gin. I'm no connoisseur, but my favorite is Hendrick's, as it is considerably smoother than most others, to drink neat. In a martini, I typically prefer Bombay Sapphire, or Tanqueray.

I used to think that gin tasted like poisoned berries, until I tried good gin. I'm no connoisseur, but my favorite is Hendrick's, as it is considerably smoother than most others, to drink neat. In a martini, I typically prefer Bombay Sapphire, or Tanqueray.
Hendricks is a great gin for sipping neat. Interesting that you chose classic "London" style gins for your martini. I tend to do the same.

Hendricks is a great gin for sipping neat. Interesting that you chose classic "London" style gins for your martini. I tend to do the same.

I enjoy Hendricks in a Gin and Tonic with a cucumber wedge. I actually stopped buying Hendricks because the G&Ts went down a little too easy. :001_smile

I enjoy Hendricks in a Gin and Tonic with a cucumber wedge. I actually stopped buying Hendricks because the G&Ts went down a little too easy. :001_smile
I love the cucumber wedge as well. I know exactly what you mean on your last comment!

Of all the gin joints in all the world....

oops, could not resist the line from one of my favorite movies. :001_smile

You have to like cucumber to like Hendricks. My wife doesn't, so she will not drink a gin and tonic with Hendricks in it. Alas, I have to finish it for her. We both actually prefer regular Bombay over the Saffire, especially for gin and tonics.

Has anyone tried St. Andrews Gin? I recently bought a bottle, mainly because I am a golfer and it is in a cool bottle. Great reason, right? Have not opened it yet, so cannot provide any review.

Last edited:
Top Bottom