Good Bourbon Selection in Hartford, CT Area?

Discussion in 'The Speakeasy' started by The Don, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Hi Gents,

I posted a similar question in the tobacco thread. I'm visiting a friend in Granby, CT, and I'm looking for a place that has a nice bourbon selection. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Don

2. That's a bit outside of my normal cruising range so I can't comment specifically about Granby, but I'm sure there must be a sizable liquor store in Enfield, which is just down the road. If you go ten minutes south on 91 to South Windsor or Manchester, you can go to M&R Liquors. They have a good selection and decent prices. The South Windsor store might be closer on the map, but it might be easier and/or a little faster to go to the Manchester location. I live on the other side of the state, but I drive through that area very frequently and have shopped at both locations.

M&R Liquors

206 Buckland Rd
    South Windsor, CT 06074

M&R Liquors

120 Tolland Turnpike (Rte. 83)
    Manchester, CT 06042

Here's their Whiskey list. I wish they'd break it up into Scotch/Bourbon/Other instead of just one long list, but still you can see they have a nice selection of both Scotch and Bourbon.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  3. That may not be an exhaustive list. I just noticed they don't list Woodford Reserve and Pappy Van Winkle, but I know they carry both.