What's new

Gillette Toggle for $11,500!?! Ha ha ha.

So the seller must be hoping they'll get a "make an offer" somewhat close to what they've been trying to get for years and the buyer will think they are getting some fantastic deal. At that price I would expect it to have been owed by JFK (and indisputably documented as such too!)

So @matwho: You're a steward. Did B&B do away with the prohibition on linking to current auctions?

I have a more general question about auctions like this: What's really going on? Surely they don't expect a buyer. Is there something else? Or is it a legit seller and, "Hey, you never know until you try"?
It's a buy now and allowed in the TOU.

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that the guy is just a jerk. He responded to my offers with personal insults, can't say I blame him but I don't feel bad for him. His sold/completed history and feedback as a seller (or lack thereof) speaks for itself.

You never know. Some rich guy from another part of the world may just drunk buy it. Other than that I don't see that selling anytime soon.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Yeesh! I thought $200 at a local antique store was pricey for one of these. I'd rather bury $11,500 in my backyard then spend it on a razor.

It is nuts. I got a mint D-1 Cased Toggle 3 years ago for $300. No price tag though and blades were partially used. But still. Seriously to me the thing is only worth - what $400, $500, bucks - tops? Blue cased toggles are not that hard to find. They are always available on eBay. I mean ALWAYS available. It is not really a good collectible. I wouldn't pay $300 now-a-days for cased Toggle. Been there done that. There has to be something special about a razor these days for me to part with my cash. Ha. All these $200 Fatboys and $90 Slims?????? It is too much. Where is the rarity to command these prices on eBay? These are just glorified user razors.

Who knows? Maybe they will continue to go up by 10 or 20% per year and I am all wet. We shall see.

But are yours "museum" quality??????? LOL
MuseumToggle.jpg

Does his even have an outer box? Edit: Just checked - his outer box is in terrible shape!

Top Bottom