What's new

Gillette Super thin - Wow

let us know how it works out!

I got great results with it. Definitely a quality blade choice. Performed on the first shave way better than some, on par with my usual goto blades in that razor. Good to know if I run into a deal on them, or someone looking to trade some off, they are worth having.

I got great results with it. Definitely a quality blade choice. Performed on the first shave way better than some, on par with my usual goto blades in that razor. Good to know if I run into a deal on them, or someone looking to trade some off, they are worth having.

did you try the vietnamese ones? as those are the ones i have tried so far

please do let us know, for now im sticking with the vietnamese ones

Ok, thanks to mol81 I got my Thai Super Thins in and used one tonight. It is a genuine nice blade that delivered a DFS in 2 passes and (serious) touch ups. They are nice, but I seriously doubt it is the same as the Vietnamese one and not just because the "new improved stainless" printed on the blade (not so with my Vietnamese ones). Less sharp and smooth and more touch ups needed; If they were the same I would not have had such strong (positive) memories on the Vietnamese Super Thins. But to be true, it is a while since I last shaved with a Vietnamese ST so there is just one thing I can do; after this blade is finished I will load a Vietnamese ST and report back....

Ok, thanks to mol81 I got my Thai Super Thins in and used one tonight. It is a genuine nice blade that delivered a DFS in 2 passes and (serious) touch ups. They are nice, but I seriously doubt it is the same as the Vietnamese one and not just because the "new improved stainless" printed on the blade (not so with my Vietnamese ones). Less sharp and smooth and more touch ups needed; If they were the same I would not have had such strong (positive) memories on the Vietnamese Super Thins. But to be true, it is a while since I last shaved with a Vietnamese ST so there is just one thing I can do; after this blade is finished I will load a Vietnamese ST and report back....

thank you for sharing talibeard

Well I have used the Thai version for 4 shaves, 3 good ones and a 4th that was still ok, and am 2 shaves into a Vietnamese one so time to report back. I used the same prep, soap and razor for all 6 shaves.

Seems my memory was a bit off since I really cannot tell the difference between the two blades. When I first tried the Vietnamese ST's it was among a lot of new Indian and Chinese blades and two were standing out; the Indian black 7 O'clocks and these Chinese ST's. But now I used them right after 2-3 months of shaving with fav blades, so I guess that makes the difference in feel. That or I am using it in a different razor now.

Still a very good blade and for me one of the nicer blades under the 'Gillette' brand. I found out that Flying Eagle has yet another Super Thin blade in a black/red wrapper. I don't know for which market that one is meant and if it is the same or not. Anyway the two ST's I used are both worth a try with a decent longevity (anything over 3 shaves has that in my book) and pleasant feel. Not übersharp but certainly up to the job!

Well I have used the Thai version for 4 shaves, 3 good ones and a 4th that was still ok, and am 2 shaves into a Vietnamese one so time to report back. I used the same prep, soap and razor for all 6 shaves.

Seems my memory was a bit off since I really cannot tell the difference between the two blades. When I first tried the Vietnamese ST's it was among a lot of new Indian and Chinese blades and two were standing out; the Indian black 7 O'clocks and these Chinese ST's. But now I used them right after 2-3 months of shaving with fav blades, so I guess that makes the difference in feel. That or I am using it in a different razor now.

Still a very good blade and for me one of the nicer blades under the 'Gillette' brand. I found out that Flying Eagle has yet another Super Thin blade in a black/red wrapper. I don't know for which market that one is meant and if it is the same or not. Anyway the two ST's I used are both worth a try with a decent longevity (anything over 3 shaves has that in my book) and pleasant feel. Not übersharp but certainly up to the job!

quality blade all around it seems..

I'm a fan.:thumbup1:
attachment.php

I pif'd some awhile back and although my initial math was wrong:blush: (per use) the general consensus was these were great blades.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/282594-PIF-Gillette-Singapore-thin?highlight=

Last edited:
Finishing up this week using the Thai blades. I had high hopes for them and they didnt disappoint. Got a little burn on Tues, i think i stood too close to the razor, so it was my fault and not the blade's fault. I am relatively new to DE razors, but there is one point that guys are missing that i want to point out. The blade edges are numbered. This helps me keep track of which side i am using. Then for week #2, i am going to flip it over and see edge #3 and #4. So far i havent had any neg issues that would keep me from going to a week 2 with this blade. (first time for me going 2 wks on same blade)

I have gone through a pack of the Gillette Super Thins now (Thai flavor), and they have become one of my favorite blades. If hadn't so many others to go through, I would stock up on these. I might stock up anyway. I enjoy them as much as my NOS Wilkinsons.

I've used a couple on and off and they are a nice blade :) When i hit the bay, they seem to be costlier than other blades, which is odd since they are made abroad. Hmmmm..

Too bad these blades are not as common though not terribly difficult to get but still not too common and not dirt cheap as well which is a shame. However this Gillette blade is a really great de blade which do not need to resort to blade coating gimmick to do its shaving duty. I really think blade coating ie (Platinum/Titanium coating) is more of a gimmick for marketing than a necessity. I used this blade for last months February One Blade challenge and it passed with flying colors. Too bad I got too many other blades and so these last couple of years I have not been buying so many de blades otherwise I would be stock piling this Gillette blade for regular usage.

PS I just noticed they do have a Platinum coated version as well but I have been using the Gillette Super Blue ones which is un coated stainless blade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom