What's new

Gillette razor sampler

Received this 1915 model today. Needs little buffing and probly I paid too much for this one :( I ain't even shaving with DE anymore :)

Well, I don't know what you paid, but it is a sweet looking razor and case. Should look fantastic with a little shine.

Nice score!:001_smile

My eye has been on a Mergress, but last night, while idly(?) cruising the B/S/T page here, became mesmerized by a pair of Gillettes: a late-40s gold Aristocrat and '72 black long-handle Adjustable. I committed to buying them immediately. These will be my first Gillettesore[/I] this wouldn't happen...help me spit that word out, people... :eek:

- Barrett

Both Gillettes are excellent shavers. Enjoy!:001_smile

Nice display! I started shaving with a Gillette TTO/Tech razor in about 1950. While in basic training at Ft Carson, CO in 1960, I got a Gillette 3-pc Tech razor (G 1) as a foot locker display for inspections. I had never used this razor until recently when I returned to shaving with a DE razor.

Last edited:
Hello,

I've got an old Gillette Safety razor that was distributed in UK into 1902-1905 years, and it is marked Pat. NOV 15 '04, it looks like a lot of the one you bought to Joedy, but it has only one ring as the one you have put on the left... WAs there a special model or not for th eUK market between 1902-1905 ? DOes anyone have an idea of that ?

I'm sure about what is marked on "my" Razor"

Best regards

The French Unshaved girl with an American or Uk old razor !!!!

how about putting this post (the one that started this thread) in the FAQ section for the BB? Under a section heading such as "How can I determine what razor this is on Ebay?" If we had that along with the links to the letter/number and serial number lookups, we would have it made. Or, we could use the info on the geocities site, and create a table with all of the info in once place-- letters/numbers, pictures by year, comments on effectiveness, and put it in the razor reviews section, and allow folks to add more ratings.

Vin

I bought this razor from Joedy and gave it a clean-up; it has no serial number. This two ring model was made from october 1903 up to june 1906; then the single ring model was introduced and made until 1921.

proxy.php

On the left: single ring post june 1906 model; on the right double ring pre june 1906 model. This is the razor i bought from Joedy, but photographed after a thorough clean-up!

Peter

Hello,

I've got an old Gillette Safety razor that was distributed in UK into 1902-1905 years, and it is marked Pat. NOV 15 '04, it looks like a lot of the one you bought to Joedy, but it has only one ring as the one you have put on the left... WAs there a special model or not for th eUK market between 1902-1905 ? DOes anyone have an idea of that ?

I'm sure about what is marked on "my" Razor"

Best regards

The French Unshaved girl with an American or Uk old razor !!!!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I'm using a 1954 Super Speed. I bought a Feather travel razor from a guy and he threw this one in for free. Hardly even looked used. Anyway, it is a great shaver. I have a few of the old open comb three piece razors and a couple of Techs. Just ordered a Erwin Jagger just to have something new but I don't expect it to be better than the Super Speed.

Please point me in the right direction if this is the wrong thread for this inquiry.

I'm trying to identify this razor. I think it may be a Frankenstein Good Will with a New Improved Tuckaway handle.

Anyone?
Screenshot_20200912-182026.png
Screenshot_20200912-182102.png
Screenshot_20200912-182140.png

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Thank you for your post. I have never used a Gillette. People give them a mystique by the way they talk about Gillettes. You have removed any need I had to buy a Gillette. I have a razor I like. Improved preparation has been giving me much better shaves with the razor I have.

Hello gentlemen!

I have been collecting Gillettes for about a year now. Love them!

Question. I aquirred a 1930 New Deluxe recently with "Presented by King C Gillette" on the velvet. I have not seen this before.

Any info?

Thanks!
Screenshot_20201122-014431.png

Top Bottom