What's new

Gillette Platinum

Hi all,

I'm currently in Singapore and found these at Mustafa Center for 0.90 cents per pack. Are these the Russian ones? I can't read the worrying writing.....
proxy.php

Looking on Amazon, they seem a little pricy for DE blades. I can pick up a 100 pack here for 15.00 SingDollars. I picked up 2 tucks, but haven't tried one yet since I'm participating in One Blade February.

Any opinions on these and how they may compare to my current favorite Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless?

Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

In my Merkur 38c, a Gillette Platinum was the first blade that I was consistently getting good smooth shaves, no weepers, and 3-4 easy uses out of a blade (I don't really try to extend blade use very far. If I like a blade, I'll use it at least a couple of times, but I generally pitch after the fourth use, just 'cause). In my limited experience, I've found these to be quite good. I just loaded a Gillette Silver Blue this morning for the first time, and though it's too early to make a definitive call on it, I think the Platinums have the edge (haha!) over the GSB.

GWP is great.
Is there something on cirilitsa? If so I could try to translate it.
Maybe something on the lower sides?

Last edited:
Looking on Amazon, they seem a little pricy for DE blades. I can pick up a 100 pack here for 15.00 SingDollars. I picked up 2 tucks, but haven't tried one yet since I'm participating in One Blade February.

Any opinions on these and how they may compare to my current favorite Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless?

Thanks all!

Packaging looks like the 'swedes' and I'd be inclined to fire them up in a razor right away to find out. 15 Sing (10-11 USD) for 100 sounds like a bargain if they're as good as the swedes are said to be.

Did you find them i the old wing or the new one?

Packaging looks like the 'swedes' and I'd be inclined to fire them up in a razor right away to find out. 15 Sing (10-11 USD) for 100 sounds like a bargain if they're as good as the swedes are said to be.

Did you find them i the old wing or the new one?
I found them in the old wing. I bought a couple tucks to try out. If I like them I may have my coworker get a 100 pack for me, hehe.

I'm Gonna load one up in Merkur34c after the One Blade February challenge and report back here

I'm currently in Singapore and found these at Mustafa Center for 0.90 cents per pack. Are these the Russian ones? I can't read the worrying writing.....

I found these today. Hung around the aisles long enough till I saw someone who looked arab.

Wasn't too hard. Got a gentleman to read the arabic writing on the side. These are made in russia in the st petersburg factory. You can tell by the no. 54 on the side.

Picked up a tuck to try.

One thing worth noting….each and every tuck in that basket was unsealed. Strange as hell.

proxy.php

These which are also called gillette platinums are quite good blades.

these are white platinums excellent blades; smoothness, longevity and sharpness. But I think all russian gillette platinums are the same except orange/red packing, that are terrible

I finally had a chance to use one of these blades...

Wow, talk about smooth! And plenty sharp. I could hardly tell there was a blade in my Merkur 34c. I'll use it a few more times and compare it to my current favorite Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless blades.

These might be worth having my coworker pick up a 100 pack for me [emoji38]

I finally had a chance to use one of these blades...

Wow, talk about smooth! And plenty sharp. I could hardly tell there was a blade in my Merkur 34c. I'll use it a few more times and compare it to my current favorite Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless blades.

These might be worth having my coworker pick up a 100 pack for me [emoji38]

I'm glad you like it.
I'm also thinking about 100 pack but there is good argument not to buy 100 pack, shaves will become too ordinary. I just love the feeling while and after shaving one them, so these are may go to for special occasions.

I found them in the old wing. I bought a couple tucks to try out. If I like them I may have my coworker get a 100 pack for me, hehe.

These are so good...buttery smooth....shave #4 today on the one blade and still going strong. I did not notice a glue spot on mine....which is great.

You said it felt like you didnt have a blade in your razor...i didnt get it then but i do now.

Theres very little audio feedback from these ...theyre just that smooth. Very good as a daly use blade.

Perfectly matched in character to my aristocrat #16

Returned and picked up 100. Ive read they used to cost usd32/100....these were just about one third that.

Last edited:
These are so good...buttery smooth....shave #4 today on the one blade and still going strong.

You said it felt like you didnt have a blade in your razor...i didnt get it then but i do now.

Theres very little audio feedback from these ...theyre just that smooth.

Perfectly matched in character to my aristocrat #16

Returned and picked up 100.
Nice! I think I'm gonna ask my coworker to get me a 100 pack, hehe. Can never have to many blades [emoji5]

Top Bottom