Gillette Double Ring goes for $770 on eBay

Very Early Gillette Double Ring Razor With Original Instruction Booklet | eBay

DR-2.jpg
DR-3.jpg
DR-4.jpg

How did I do?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Glenn, is that one plate a shim of some sort? The plate with the 3 ribs on it, I mean.
Kindly,
Adam

KeenDogg

I guess it has more than 3 ribs, Hahaha. I don't know if I've seen that before. It's definitely intriguing.

I guess it has more than 3 ribs, Hahaha. I don't know if I've seen that before. It's definitely intriguing.
Very complete set I'm thinking. The leather on the case seems to be in very good condition too (at least compared to a lot of others I have seen).

It looks immaculate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The eBay seller says he has been collecting for 30 years and it was the best item in his collection. I emailed him about the "metal protector" too. Will be interesting what he has to say.

KeenDogg

The eBay seller says he has been collecting for 30 years and it was the best item in his collection. I emailed him about the "metal protector" too. Will be interesting what he has to say.

I will wait with baited breath, so to speak.

I will wait with baited breath, so to speak.
Ha ha! He just got back to me. He believes it was similar to the cardboard protectors used later on. It was meant to hold the place of a razor blade when the razor was initially shipped. I'm thinking to keep from over tightening the lock mechanism when no blade was present?? He has not seen them on other double rings so it is probably rare for them to have survived.

KeenDogg

Ok! I guess that makes sense. Thanks. Enjoy it and I'm sure you'll post more pics when it arrives.

Kindly,
Adam

Top Bottom