What's new

Geo F. Trumpers

For me, there is no contest between TOBS and Trumper's. Trumper's all the way. Haven't used a product from them I didn't like. TOBS, however, the only scent I like from them is Mr. Taylor's. It's also the only product I've used that stung my face. But, as always, YMMV.

I have Violet, rose,sandalwood,coconut and lime. its a personal choice with regards to the scent but with regards to the quality of the cream and cushioning the rose and violet always score high. The sampler pack is the best way to go. make some mental notes as you are shaving with it and when you are through, draw your own conclusions....

How is violet? Is it just a lavender scent?
No, it's a full on blast of powdery violet. I smelled it once at Londons Bathecary (the ShopLondons people) and while it was pleasant, I could imagine it being too much for someone who doesn't LOVE florals. Of the Trumper creams I've used, it's a toss-up between Coconut and Limes. Their new Spanish Leather is nice too.

No, it's a full on blast of powdery violet. I smelled it once at Londons Bathecary (the ShopLondons people) and while it was pleasant, I could imagine it being too much for someone who doesn't LOVE florals. Of the Trumper creams I've used, it's a toss-up between Coconut and Limes. Their new Spanish Leather is nice too.

I might be the exception to this rule. I generally don't like floral scents at all, but I have a tube of this cream and I find it to be quite pleasant.

The only one I've purchased so far, after trying the sampler, is coconut. The rose is good and so is GFT but I've found other versions I like even more. The sampler is pretty limited.

Between Trumpers and TOBS, it's Trumpers all the way. That's primarily because I prefer soaps and I think GFT makes an excellent soap (one of the best, IMHO). With that said, there are two creams I have to have in my rotation at all times. They are GFT Coconut and TOBS Lemon and Lime. If all the soap in the world disappeared overnight, these would be the two creams I would use for the rest of my life!

What does the Spanish leather smell like? (besides the obvious)
It smells like their SL cologne, which is to say kind of soapy, kind of sweet. with a floral and musky character. It's not LEATHER per se, as Trumper's themselves tell yu on the cologne's box. It's supposed to replicate the perfume that new leather was scented with back in the day. The cream is an absolute dead ringer. Strong and old school.

What is there shipping times? Anyone who has received a sample kit how long did it take to ship?

The rep from Trumper contacted me on the 23rd of January to tell me the samples had been sent
They arrived in my mailbox on the 3rd of February

I can't stand floral scents so I would recommend the coconut, limes or GFT scents, I haven't tried the almond but I'm sure it's good too.

How is violet? Is it just a lavender scent?

I found the only thing lavender about it was the colour (turns whiter when lathered though). It's a nice smell, not too cluey on describing smells sorry. I have smelt products labelled lavender and do not like them at all. I'll have to look at their description of it now.

Aaron

I used GFT lime as my exclusive cream for decades, but as I've gotten into this hobby have experimented with many other brands and scents. Then I got a sample of the GFT coconut while at their store on Jermyn St. and fell in love with it. I think it's creamier than the other Trumpers products.

Howdy y'all!

I would like to try either TOBS or Geo F. Trumpers and would welcome your recommendations on which scent you would suggest. Some I have thought about include:
Eton College
Eucris
GFT
Astor
Jemryn
Lemon and Lime
Mr. Taylor

Anyone other scents I've missed?

Best,
Jerry

TOBS - Jermyn St, Mr Taylor, St James, Eton College and Avocado are all worthy and in my rotation.
Trumper - Coconut Oil is a winner.

Astor is probably my (and more importantly my better half's) favourite and Eucris are good scents from Trumper. Astor actually really turns my girlfriend on! Check out Marlborough (my sister's favourite on me), Wellington and Curzon too. Many of the other Trumper scents are less distinctive. GFT is a citrus scent but not terribly enthralling or distinctive. Eucris is a little like Paco Rabanne Homme in the way it comes across but the notes and overall scent are quite different and very distinctive, one you will love or hate. Astor is light, woody fragrance and is quite universal and fresh smelling. Wellington has a slight sharpness to it. Curzon is slightly spice/candied peel scent. Marlborough is a slightly herby feel with geranium in it.

I have run all my scents down to include only the above I mentioned with Paco Rabanne plus L'Occitan.

Personally I positively dislike all the TOBS scents as I find them synthetic, old fashioned (not in a good way) and more like cheap drugstore scents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom