What's new

GEMini will soon be upon us !

Day 2 of GEMini was accomplished with same as yesterday - 1912 Damaskeene, GEM SS (2) with heapings of Razorock classic. Went with ny BST'd Semogue Owners Club boar.
(I like that boar a lot! Wow!)

Kept it light and dispensed with ATG pass. No irritation and SAS.

1912 Damaskeene loaded with a CVS carbon blade, Vie-Long Horsehair brush, KMF unscented shaving cream, and Clubman AS. Two passes and light buffing for a DFS.
proxy.php

Note: Lather was not ready for use, only wanted a quick picture before I started shaving

Ahh... Man I love the Gem Junior Bar -- or in this case my stars-and-bars Star version of the frame. It's just a delight to shave with. I think I could probably do a fifty-pass shave without any irritation with this bad boy.

Today the accompaniment was provided by QCS Monaco cream and finished off with a splash of 4711 aftershave. Tomorrow I'll be up to my next favorite -- the Damaskeene.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have been using a chrome OCMM since last Friday. Tomorrow is the last shave with it, Number 6, and so I take this as an opportunity to introduce the rest of the valiant soldiers in the Gemocracy who will take part in GEMini.

The first photo is of the last razor I will use, the Gold tone OCMM. The second photo is a Gold tone Clog-pruf, the third is a British made Ever Ready, the fourth is a Push Button, and the last is a gold tone "bucket head".

The projected order, including the current razor is

Chrome OCMM
Ever Ready
Clog-pruf
Push Button
Bucket Head
Gold tone OCMM

This very nearly makes it a chiastic structure, so maybe I will throw a Contour in there between the Ever Ready and Clog-pruf

$DSC_0084.jpg$DSC_0085.jpg$DSC_0087.jpg$DSC_0089.jpg$DSC_0092.jpg

I was hoping the photos would have turned out better.

Day 3 with the 1912 Damaskeene and GEM SS blade (3), this time with Arko/KMF and the SOC boar.
Think I got it near right this time, though this hardware combo does not go well with ATG on my neck.

Still a CCS, no irritation, so I'm happy. One more day then I'm switching to the ER 1912.

Ever-Ready Streamline again this morning. Shave #3 on a Gem SS blade, lathered with VDH Luxury Soap, and had a fine, comfortable, BBS shave. (BTW, don't discount the VDH Luxury Soap. It's being carried by many Target stores now, and for an inexpensive soap, it does a great job. I really like the scent of the scented version, also.)

Third day with the Damaskeene with LaToja and TP blade. A remarkable BBS and smoooooooth sailing. Followed with Boosters Mosswood. Doesn't get better then this. The way this is going the Damaskeene could be the choice for all of Gemini!!!

Third day with the Damaskeene with LaToja and TP blade. A remarkable BBS and smoooooooth sailing. Followed with Boosters Mosswood. Doesn't get better then this. The way this is going the Damaskeene could be the choice for all of Gemini!!!

I do love the Damaskeene, hands down my favorite of the 1912 variants, I always get an awesome shave with one.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Day-3. I only have one SE (so far! :whistling:), so it's the 1912 once again!

Last edited by a moderator:

I need to dust off one of my Damaskeenes and give it a whirl. I've been fixated on the Streamline lately, but I should mix it up a little.

I shaved last evening with my Damaskeene and got another great shave. Nothing as of yet beats it for close and irritation free shaves. Teamed it up with Mystic Waters Cedar and Sage soap mixed with a tad of "Kiss My Face" Tea Tree and Bamboo shave cream. Used a free sample of Chanel face conditioner prep and used Proraso post shave wax. I felt like a million dollars after that fine shave.

I shaved last evening with my Damaskeene and got another great shave. Nothing as of yet beats it for close and irritation free shaves. Teamed it up with Mystic Waters Cedar and Sage soap mixed with a tad of "Kiss My Face" Tea Tree and Bamboo shave cream. Used a free sample of Chanel face conditioner prep and used Proraso post shave wax. I felt like a million dollars after that fine shave.

That sounds like a mighty fine shave, hard to go wrong with any of that combo.

First shave of GEMini with an OCMM, a Gem SS blade (2), TBS Maca Root Cream, and a C&E Pure Badger brush. Finished with a little alum and Pinaud Clubman.

It went much better than the previous shave (my first ever SE shave), though I still don't have the angles quite right. It felt SAS more than CCS or DFS. The OCMM head will take some time getting used to, unless I can get a non-Micromatic to shave with.

Top Bottom