FYI about Georgetown G5 scuttles

Discussion in 'Shopping and Deals' started by GrandeVT, Feb 23, 2012.

1. I'd been wanting a nice scuttle lately and haven't wanted to spend the long buck just to see if I'd like it. The cold Vermont winters demand hot lather. On a whim I called Georgetown Pottery to inquire as to whether they had seconds of their G5 scuttle. They do, in several colors, priced at $30 rather than the list of $45 (plus $11 shipping). Mine arrived the next day! No waiting. If there is a flaw or blemish that makes it a second, it's not of any significance. I'm pleased.

So if anyone's interested. You've got to call and ask them. I think it's a good deal.

2. Thanks for sharing!

3. +1

4. Cold vermont winters? Oh stop it! :laugh:

I've been living in Vermont for about 6 months so this is only my first winter but boy is it mild up here this year!

I must have brought the warmer weather up with me from southwestern Virginia, you're welcome!

5. Yup, this is the mildest winter I can recall (still needed the generator for 4 different storms). But never turn you back on a VT winter Matt. I've been a New Englander for 60 yrs. When we get 30" of snow in May I'll lend you my scuttle!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7uW4TYqbs

6. ...thanks for the info on the Georgetown scuttles.....!!!

7. Thanks for sharing.

8. phillylion

phillylion Contributor

Thanks for sharing.

9. Yup. Just ordered one. Thanks for the tip--I've long wanted a G5 but the full retail kept me away.

Enabler.

10. Good for you Kingping "scuttle brother." What color did you order?

11. PICS? come on really guys...you buy a new scuttle and describe it :001_tt2:

let's see a dry shot or lather shot?

nice pickup, the G5 is a fine looking piece.

ps...i'm just busting your chops about the description, but a picture would be sweet.

12. Pics Forthcoming in tomorrow's light!

13. From the GP site...

View attachment 223556

Hamada/persimmon!
    Fwiw the very helpful woman who helped me said there were seconds available in almost every glaze, and that from the Hamada/Persimmons she'd "pick out beautiful one" for me. Thanks again...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  14. As promised. Hamada/blue.

Attached Files:

15. Very nice. Looks similar to my old G5 that I sold awhile back.

Whereabouts in VT are you?

16. I'm on Vermont's "Lower Eastside" (Brattleboro).

17. .....what makes it a second?

......in the photos, it looks perfect to me............

18. Whatever the flaw is that makes it a second, it's minor enought to not matter to me. I think it's a spot or 2 that is considered a flaw in the glaze.

19. .....i need to get me one of those..............

20. Nice setup sinkside!