What's new

Futur clone Ming Shi 2000S

After three shaves, I still like the razor. However, the blade alignment on the next two wasn't as good as on the first. I'm not sure what the difference is, but I can see a difference when looking at the blade now and can feel it during the shave. So that's disappointing.

I remember watching videos of people saying "this is how to fix the blade alignment on the NT Vigour", but it never really worked for me. Hopefully it's something I can figure out.

Wondering if anyone else experienced the same.

Mine has been doing better wrt alignment for the past few shaves. Hoping that continues.

When aligned this razor shaves very well.

When I first loaded the blade it didn't shave on the other side so I loaded again. Was better then.

I have now sold the razor. Finishing & adjustment was good in the razor but I have a real Futur as well and it feels more quality tool.

One add.. Although the finishing on Merkur Futur may not be perfect either..Mine top cap was not perfectly finished when I bought it. But the blade load has been perfect and shaves very well!

That's an excellent price.

I really like mine. But for some reason I've started catching a mole I have, have cut myself twice. Just not being careful I guess.

They're $8.99 @ QShave right now (was $14 when I ordered)
$7.29 now from QBrush Store. So I ordered a second one earlier today to give away as a gift.

Mine arrived yesterday in less than two weeks when I got it for $13.95 from the same store (QBrush), a very pleasant surprise.

It did, however, come in a box labelled QSHAVE (tag line: "Never shave with a dull blade again") and included a small brush and 5 pack of blades labelled "Apache", with some Chinese text and then Personna.
Perhaps mine isn't quite the same razor then.

Even more surprising was the razor itself. I found mine to be excellent. Setting adjustment is very smooth and easy, the lowest being something like 0.5 and the highest being 6. The lowest setting is very mild, yet still reasonably efficient. The highest setting puts it pretty close to a blade on a stick - aggressive, efficient, still smooth and even though there is some blade chatter, it feels secure and not excessive, although I did have to slow down because of it.
The lowest setting turned out to be great for my neck, 6 for the bottom of my jaw and face.
The finish is great on my - sort of frosted brushed metal look, making it somewhat matte, but compared to a real Futur (which I don't have, but have been able to compare side by side with it with a fellow wet shaver), it definitely looks more polished. There are no visual blemishes that I could find on mine, although the box labels it
It's also about 20 grams lighter than the Futur, weighing in at 98g, as advertised.
Despite the more polished finish, I had no issues gripping it securely during my shave at all.
The box is pretty decent too, which is why I didn't hesitate long to order the second one to give a way.

I'm quite happy with mine.

At $7.29 with free shipping what can go wrong? I've just ordered two, just in case. I will PIF the second to a friend of mine that I'm trying to kick back into wet shaving.

$7.29 now from QBrush Store. So I ordered a second one earlier today to give away as a gift.

Mine arrived yesterday in less than two weeks when I got it for $13.95 from the same store (QBrush), a very pleasant surprise.

It did, however, come in a box labelled QSHAVE (tag line: "Never shave with a dull blade again") and included a small brush and 5 pack of blades labelled "Apache", with some Chinese text and then Personna.
Perhaps mine isn't quite the same razor then.

Even more surprising was the razor itself. I found mine to be excellent. Setting adjustment is very smooth and easy, the lowest being something like 0.5 and the highest being 6. The lowest setting is very mild, yet still reasonably efficient. The highest setting puts it pretty close to a blade on a stick - aggressive, efficient, still smooth and even though there is some blade chatter, it feels secure and not excessive, although I did have to slow down because of it.
The lowest setting turned out to be great for my neck, 6 for the bottom of my jaw and face.
The finish is great on my - sort of frosted brushed metal look, making it somewhat matte, but compared to a real Futur (which I don't have, but have been able to compare side by side with it with a fellow wet shaver), it definitely looks more polished. There are no visual blemishes that I could find on mine, although the box labels it
It's also about 20 grams lighter than the Futur, weighing in at 98g, as advertised.
Despite the more polished finish, I had no issues gripping it securely during my shave at all.
The box is pretty decent too, which is why I didn't hesitate long to order the second one to give a way.

I'm quite happy with mine.
I have both clones the QShave is excellent. I'm going to run side by side tests with my Merkur Futur.

I have both clones the QShave is excellent. I'm going to run side by side tests with my Merkur Futur.

I'm looking forward to the result of your test!
What are the main differences in appearance that you can see owning both the clones and the original?

I'm looking forward to the result of your test!
What are the main differences in appearance that you can see owning both the clones and the original?

The clone is a little slimmer and lighter. Otherwise it's a replica. The head is identical. It seems very welll made. I've already used the clone and I like it a lot. On Amazon the Futur is very well liked by a lot of people. Not so much here.

Some here complain about the head size. Shaving neck, jawline and under the nose has never been a problem for me with the Futur. I have a small face and shaving under the nose with either the original or the clone has never been a problem. In fact, I did a side by side test with the Parker Variant and the Futur Clone. The Parker was more awkward under the nose. In fact shaving with the Parker did something I've never done in three years with the Merkur Futur, Mergress, Slim, or even the Muhle R41 and the Ikon Tech, I nicked my nose! Minor but irritating!

However, like the Futur, even the lowest setting is mid aggressive, so if you've only used mild razors in the past you might not like this razor.

I've already had three good shaves with the clone. It's not my favorite razor, and I want to test more blade combos. I can say already it did well with a Gillette Nacet and a Polsilver Super Iridium, but then again so does almost every other razor with either of those two excellent blades. By no means a shabby performer.

But at under $10 this clone may be the greatest bargain in DE shaving. Way better than the nasty and inefficient RR Tek, and RR DE1, and a lot better than the Weishi, which are all more expensive.

The clone is big, but it might be a candidate for a travel razor because it's so cheap. If I bought four and lost them all over time, who cares for this money?!

Last edited:
The clone is a little slimmer and lighter. Otherwise it's a replica. The head is identical. It seems very welll made. I've already used the clone and I like it a lot. On Amazon the Futur is very well liked by a lot of people. Not so much here.

Some here complain about the head size. Shaving neck, jawline and under the nose has never been a problem for me with the Futur. I have a small face and shaving under the nose with either the original or the clone has never been a problem. In fact, I did a side by side test with the Parker Variant and the Futur Clone. The Parker was more awkward under the nose. In fact shaving with the Parker did something I've never done in three years with the Merkur Futur, Mergress, Slim, or even the Muhle R41 and the Ikon Tech, I nicked my nose! Minor but irritating!

However, like the Futur, even the lowest setting is mid aggressive, so if you've only used mild razors in the past you might not like this razor.

I've already had three good shaves with the clone. It's not my favorite razor, and I want to test more blade combos. I can say already it did well with a Gillette Nacet and a Polsilver Super Iridium, but then again so does almost every other razor with either of those two excellent blades. By no means a shabby performer.

But at under $10 this clone may be the greatest bargain in DE shaving. Way better than the nasty and inefficient RR Tech, and RR DE1, and a lot better than the Weishi, which are all more expensive.

The clone is big, but it might be a candidate for a travel razor because it's so cheap. If I bought four and lost them all over time, who cares for this money?!

Great review thank you!!

Top Bottom