What's new

From Sheffield with love show us your Bengalls

I just wanted to see some more bengalls as i think that they are very under rated and shave very well the grind is always flawless

here is a 13/16 Bengall wedge
proxy.php
[/IMG]
proxy.php
[/IMG]
proxy.php
[/IMG]

7/8
proxy.php
[/IMG]
proxy.php
[/IMG]
proxy.php
[/IMG]

9/16 hair thinner
proxy.php

not pictured is a Full hollowed 6/8

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
OK, I'll play. People have seen these before, but...

proxy.php

Shorty

proxy.php

Aussie theme green and gold.

proxy.php

A Bengall De Luxe which I honed a couple of days ago. I'm not sure what the difference is in the "De Luxe" model over the normal ones. Took a great edge though, as they all seem to do. I've honed close to a dozen now, and they have all been great shavers.

do you find the steel harder than most from sheffield leeg i think that there harder than a few other English straights i own still softer than german steel and BTW the rogers john sent me is pretty hard i had trouble sanding it so it was very light

Legion

Staff member
that bengall in the Black scales has a funny stamp its not like the normal flower

No, it is a Jno Baker one. I posted some close ups here.

I find the steel on the Cadmans to be about as hard as most other better quality Sheffield blades from the same era. A tiny bit harder than the German average, and softer than Swedish. IMO. They are no trouble to hone.

I unfortuntely cannot find my camera right now, but when I do I will post pics of the matched set I found last week, 6/8 and 13/16 in a great case marked Bengall Razors. They need restoring but I am very pleased.
Crappy cell phone pic:

Attachments

• $bengall.jpg
    $bengall.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 425
veryy nice im suprised that we havnt had more posts there are plenty of these underated razors around

Thanks Luc for dragging this old thread out for me :)

My three Bengalls, Cadman and sons. 6/8 in front (my first straight) and two 7/8 in black. The 6/8 is my favorite they all shave as well as my Bismark or Henkels.

Must be some other Bengalls hiding out there?

Attachments

• $IMG_2552.jpg
    $IMG_2552.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 336
From Borlange, Sweden with love ... another Bengall. Is this in the right place?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Bengall - Borlange, Sweden
9/16 Near Wedge/Square Point

Hot on the heels of that Swede I posted above, here's a Sheffield (oddly, came from Sweden):

Bengall (Cast Steel) 11/16 Half Hollow - Sheffield, England
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Nice curve to the front, eh?

I have this nice 4 piece set with two 9/16th and two 5/8th. More great shavers :)

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415864675.480317.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415864675.480317.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 198
Top Bottom