What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

Amouage Homage Attar

I've been looking for a lavender soliflore as I'm running low on Caldey Island Lavender and can't seem to find it any more I'm not sure if the monks are still making it. If you've tried both, how do you think they compare? Also, how is the longevity? I'm a big fan of lavender fragrances but most don't last more than a couple of hours.

Sorry I overlooked this earlier. I had 1 to 2 ml of Caldey Island at one time. I remember thinking it was very good, but not necessarily up to the well-known Luca Turin 5 star review. Very much a soliflore, though. I am thinking now that the SCS Bulgarian Lavender may not be so pure, or perhaps it is simply that the type of lavender being used has inherent scent notes different from English or French lavender. I get resinous notes , although something close to a traditional lavender is very dominant. I have been thinking that I like the SCS "regular" lavender better. I do not know if they still have it. I think the regular lavender may be more of a soliflore, or at least much more the absolutely conventional lavender. Is either up to the Caldey Island? Probably not. Almost assuredly not. I forget how much the Caldey Island goes for. The SCS is very nice for the price, which is very affordable.

Longevity? My take on lavender scents are that they are not as short-lived as they seem, but one's nose acclimate to them rather quickly. What I have done is to spray some on a wrist but nowhere else and to give the wrist a sniff across the hours. I forget what I was using. It may have been C&S O&S, my personal favorite of lavender fragrances. The scent stayed strong much longer than I had expected. Made me think one could over do lavender scents if one were not careful. I am still using the SCS Bulgarian Lavender frequently. My sense is it has little longetivity. Maybe less than the regular SCS Lavender. But it may simply be a matter of acclimation. I hope all of that helps. I still like the scent.

Top Bottom