What's new

FPOTD: Week of July 18th - July 24th 2011

Everything was built to last back in the day. Now we live in a throw away society and everyday items lack soul. I stayed with my grandparents a lot when I was little. Everything in that house was old but was built to last (most of it redone by my grandfather.) I love looking at the old pictures and seeing them dressed sharp just sitting around the house, using the same pen for fifty years, using the old Brownie cameras...

Made to last and it has soul. Why I use vintage items.

(I hope that isn't over fifty words, I didn't count. :) )

Nice PIF Doug!

Using vintage items is good for me personally as there's already so many things in perfect working order, that I fail to see the need to build more. I don't want new for the sake of new when vintage will more than do!

That'd be 43 words, though I won't take offence if I'm excluded for being outside the US :)

Well I certainly count 3 so far, a few more and Doug will have to choose

So Far Im torn between John, Nightshade and his banana, and Christopher

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I like using vintage things because they were made at a time when people took pride in their work. In the disposable society we have become, it is nice to use a vintage razor or pen, and wonder about the men who used them before us. Was he a hero, or just an everyday guy? One never knows.

Geez everyone had way better answers then me... I use vintage things cause I'm a geek and I think they're cool

Geez everyone had way better answers then me... I use vintage things cause I'm a geek and I think they're cool
Your Mom says you're cool! $mymom3489sdf8ser34.jpg

I kid, I kid!

Last edited:
Reading between all the digressions, I think there's room for one more entrant. Maybe the re-founder of this thread? :thumbup:

I "took off" Mardi Gras, so I didn't get to keep up with anything, but here goes.

Vintage is good for me because it offers an air of distinction and intrigue, and is great for conversation starting. I don't have a lot of "things," so it's nice to be able to take pride in the little bit I have.

Reading between all the digressions, I think there's room for one more entrant. Maybe the re-founder of this thread? :thumbup:

I "took off" Mardi Gras, so I didn't get to keep up with anything, but here goes.

Vintage is good for me because it offers an air of distinction and intrigue, and is great for conversation starting. I don't have a lot of "things," so it's nice to be able to take pride in the little bit I have.

Good job Jessy, it wouldn't be right if you didn't get to enter the PIF :thumbup:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
OK, that's five. Stay tuned, we'll get the winner within 24 hours!

I've also recently gone back to parting my hair on the side (just like the first 14 years of my life). I feel I should start carrying a comb and using pomade. :)

I've also recently gone back to parting my hair on the side (just like the first 14 years of my life). I feel I should start carrying a comb and using pomade. :)

Hair? Some of you guys have hair on your heads? I guess I just have a Vintage head! (I haven't had to buy a comb in many years...but I've blown all the money I've saved on fountain pens!) :lol:

Hair? Some of you guys have hair on your heads? I guess I just have a Vintage head! (I haven't had to buy a comb in many years...but I've blown all the money I've saved on fountain pens!) :lol:
Yet another "cost savings by going vintage" story!

Incidentally, I'd be curious to know how much money one could save over a lifetime by not buying combs.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Combs aren't cheap anymore, especially those vintage hard rubber ones!

Well, we've come to a decision, and after much contemplation, the winner is ... Owen.

Top Bottom