What's new

Fitjar Islands

Jorunn is back making soaps, creams, and other shaving products. I tried some of her products a few years ago, and they were great. A friend of mine nicked the products off of me, with my permission as he was just getting into wetshaving.
Sadly Fitjar closed down due to EU regulations getting too restrictive. I hadn't placed my order, so I was left without :sob:

But... Fitjar is back although now it is named Fitjar Islands. Excitedly I ordered their Fjellheim Shaving
Soap, and their Island Hopper cream sampler.
Today a parcel arrived for me from Norway.

$IMG_20161014_130437.jpg

Packaging is top notch

$IMG_20161014_130549.jpg

And a free sample as well as a note saying who packed my order

$IMG_20161014_130615.jpg

Here are the shaving cream samples

$IMG_20161014_130741.jpg

Scent wise they don't seem strong, but once lathered you get a nice hit of fragrance.
First shave was great, same high quality as I remembered. Rich, moisturising, and slick lather.

Fitjar is back, and I am glad.

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Very nice. That's on my short list of creams to try. How do they compare to say, a TOBS cream as far as performance, Till?

Very nice. That's on my short list of creams to try. How do they compare to say, a TOBS cream as far as performance, Till?
Honestly? TOBS was never up there for me. The scents are good, but performance never impressed me to the point of keeping it in my rotation.
I will be able to give a better assessment of these creams as I test them for a bit longer. The soap is impressive too, so far.

Hi, Till! Thanks for the report!
Is Jorunn still leading the new company?
And miss you!
How are you fixed for cereals? (Failing memorey...Capn Crunch or Lucky Charms??)

Hi, Till! Thanks for the report!
Is Jorunn still leading the new company?
And miss you!
How are you fixed for cereals? (Failing memorey...Capn Crunch or Lucky Charms??)
Jorunn is still in charge of the little soap shop from what I can tell.
It was Lucky Charms :lol: Thanks again

Yes Jorunn is in charge and she still adds the personal touch to your order. I also have the new soaps and creams. I haven't lathered the soap yet but the creams produce a very nice, thick, slick lather and feel quite nourishing to the skin. I agree scents are subtle but all of them are "clean" and pleasant. Jorunn has also stepped up presentation and provides a lovely package.

I'll have to try one of the Fitjar new products. To be honest,the old Fitjar shave creams were of no use for me. I bought two different scents a few years back and no matter how hard I tried,I just could not get them to lather at all. And the shipping fee they charged to deliver products to the USA were very high. Perhaps their new product will be easier to lather. I'm going to wait awhile to see how other people evaluate their new creams. They are too costly for me(including the postage to the USA)to try until I read some more reviews of the new creams

Craig

I'll have to try one of the Fitjar new products. To be honest,the old Fitjar shave creams were of no use for me. I bought two different scents a few years back and no matter how hard I tried,I just could not get them to lather at all. And the shipping fee they charged to deliver products to the USA were very high. Perhaps their new product will be easier to lather. I'm going to wait awhile to see how other people evaluate their new creams. They are too costly for me(including the postage to the USA)to try until I read some more reviews of the new creams

Craig
Postage to the USA is 59NOK and postage to UK is 49NOK so not that much difference. Will post a proper review once I have tested them out some more.

Thanks for the info Prof Moriarty. I will be looking forward to your review of Fitjar once you have used them more extensively.

Craig

How do you define artisan? It is a small shop in a tiny Norwegian village.

I would say a small company with products that are made by hand. And, you would be able to easily know what everything is on the ingredient list. :001_smile

I've never heard of an artisan company making a cream before. (Only soaps and croaps.)

I would say a small company with products that are made by hand. And, you would be able to easily know what everything is on the ingredient list. :001_smile

I've never heard of an artisan company making a cream before. (Only soaps and croaps.)

Castle Forbes is indeed great artisan cream!
Not to forget Al in New England!
Probably several more!

Fitjar seems to fit your definition of artisan.

well, the fitjars sampler pack arrived this afternoon!
looking forward to test drive soon.
altho the proraso shave this morning was so smooth, next shave might not be for a couple days!

$fitjars sampler.jpg

First shave was Slatteroy, citrus and spice. At same time, brighter and lighter scent than her prior creams, also 'creamier', altho that might simply be due to fresh batch. Like the new scents, which seem to be more aquatic and citrusy than 'old' Fitjars. Good for her that she took the trouble to fully revamp and upgrade.

$image.jpg

Had a wonderful shave with Slåtterøy last night. The fragrance is Fitjar's take on Bay Rum.
The scent is light, but definitely noticed once lathered. A fantastic, rich, creamy, protective lather. Face felt moisturised after the shave, I can't recommend this cream highly enough.

Top Bottom