What's new

First BBS shave after 4 months

I started wet shaving sometime in December and this morning was my first BBS shave. The problem is.... I'm not sure why. My routine was pretty typical this morning but there were a couple of firsts. As usual I prepped in the shower with Jack Black beard lube then I broke out the TOBS sandalwood cream. But instead of lathering in a ramekin I used a larger cereal bowl. With a fingertip full of the TOBS and my badger brush I was able to produce allot more rich lather in the larger bowl than the ramekin. The razor I used was a 1966 Slim but instead of a 7 o'clock blade I used a Personna which I found sharp and smooth. I put the Slim on 5 and did three passes (wtg, atg, atg) lathering after each pass. I finished with a cold water rinse and alum block then applied Tabac AS. I must say that this may have been the best shave I've had so far, but was it from the Personna? new lathering technique? combination? or just a good day? Now I will be faceterbating all day long!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Using the products that we like more and that perform better for us only makes things easier and more enjoyable. Your BBS is the result of a proper wet shaving technique. Congratulations Sir. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom