What's new

Finaly found a place to buy Pinaud Club Man

I finaly found a place near my place to buy Pinaud Club Man after shave. It's about an hour drive from my place but I bought 2 bottles so I will be ok for a long while. To me it's a very classy after shave who reminded me of the old barber shop that my father used to went to get a hair cut and a shave. Few month's ago I had a sample of the product and to me it match whit almost any scented shaving soap that I possess, but whit my Stirling Barber Shop it's very hard to beat. Tomorow i will used Williams and I'm sure it will match perfectly to.

Personally, I'm not a fan, but it is for sale at my local CVS. Not sure if it's a nationwide thing or just my local store. Might be worth checking if you have one close. Glad you found some though!

Edit: Just saw you were in Canada. I miss that being in the open from the old site. :001_huh:

Yeah if you lived in the US, you'd have a harder time finding a place that doesn't sell Clubman. Oddly enough I've never used it even though it's sold everywhere and I have no idea what a barbershop should smell like. If Clubman smells anything like my barbershop, then it would smell like women's shampoo and burnt hair from the hair dryers.

Oh yeah, Clubman is good stuff! Like you have found out, it goes well with just about anything. My barbershop scent is the Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber, and the Clubman seems like it was made for it. So far, it's my favorite. The only soaps I haven't used it with so far are the two that I have the matching aftershave - Chiseled Face Orange Creamsicle, and B&M Night Music. I'll try it with the Night Music sometime. I think the slight musk scent in the Clubman might go well with the tawdry Night Music.

Ive not tried it, but I had a haircut today and noticed that my barber stocks Pinaud Clubman and some Bay rum AS.. I almost bought the Clubman but in the end played it safe and bought a bottle of Proraso Green AS splash instead.

Clubman pairs well with any "barbershop" soap or cologne, IMO. A gentleman here shared that it pairs very well with Canoe cologne. I've tried it, and it does. Lots of others match nicely, as well.

IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
Here my shave this morning, as you can see that's what's left of lather(Williams mug modern) after 2 pass and 1/2. It was a great classy shave.

I like the idea of Clubman better than the reality. If I wear it I enjoy the first 15 minutes but it dries down to a cheap scent that won't go away. I enjoy using a dusting of Clubman talc on my shoulders and neck paired with a cheap barber shop bay rum. The classic Clubman scent is softer that way, and together with the bay rum the scents combine to bring me back to the old barber shop.

Love clubman. I use it every Friday with the clubman shave lather in the tube form and also shave the back of the neck and dust it with the talc. Every Friday starts and ends in pure awesomeness with this combo.

Top Bottom