What's new

Finally another brush

I've been itching to get a brush made. This one has a boar knot from TGN. I think the blonde goes well with the colors. I had a few tiny air pockets that needed filling in but I'm happy with how this one turned out. Off to make another!

Attachments

• $IMG_2298.jpg
    $IMG_2298.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 100
  • $IMG_1370.jpg
    $IMG_1370.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 102
  • $IMG_1371.jpg
    $IMG_1371.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 100
  • $IMG_1372.jpg
    $IMG_1372.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 101
That's a similar color scheme to mine. Your shaping and color mixing has really progressed since then. Extremely pleasing to the eye!!! I want a lathe!!!!

Really nice. I love my boar brush and love the color of the handle. Very bice job!!!!

Thank you! I'm quite happy with the colors, and it's also the first boar I've used for a brush. I'm looking forward to using this one. My EveryReady boar was very prickly, but this one is way softer and seems like it will be nice to use.

Very nice!

Thank you!

I'm more of a brunette guy, but I have to say that that's a beautiful blonde! Nicely done Jay!:thumbup1:

Thanks Dave! I like my finest badgers too, but this boar feels like it will be part of my rotation. I'm very happy so far with all the TGN knots I've tried except for the premium silvertip which has a glue spike and is a horrible shedder. I may have just gotten a dud.

That's a similar color scheme to mine. Your shaping and color mixing has really progressed since then. Extremely pleasing to the eye!!! I want a lathe!!!!

Thanks for the kind compliment Doofus! I'd like to think I've progressed a bit from that first batch.

Color is outstanding Jay!

Thanks Steve! You need to get into casting, it's as much fun making the blanks as it is turning them,

That is a very nice brush. You did a super job.

Thank you sir! This is one of my faves so far.

Very very nice Sir!

Thank you! I was very happy when I turned it down and saw the colors come out.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Jay what size knot?
I was wondering if you used it more than one time and if you are happy with the feel. Face or bowl?

Jay what size knot?
I was wondering if you used it more than one time and if you are happy with the feel. Face or bowl?

Same question. I have a 20mm TGN blonde boar, it feels a bit small, but I left it a little high too (could just be a bit floppy)

Just one word .... WOW! :thumbup1:

Thank you!

Jay what size knot?

Same question. I have a 20mm TGN blonde boar, it feels a bit small, but I left it a little high too (could just be a bit floppy)

This is a 24mm. I was surprised at the face feel, just a little scritchier than a finest with more backbone, but not bad at all. It's actually much softer on the face than expected. I like it alot more than I thought I would and am happy I decided to give it a try. I want another for my ebony/mallee burl handle. I'm strictly bowl lathering during the cool months since my skin is giving me a fit. Virtually all my scented soaps are irritating me to some degree & I'll only compound it by face lathering. It's not like we really have a winter here, but it's enough.

Thank you!

This is a 24mm. I was surprised at the face feel, just a little scritchier than a finest with more backbone, but not bad at all. It's actually much softer on the face than expected. I like it alot more than I thought I would and am happy I decided to give it a try. I want another for my ebony/mallee burl handle. I'm strictly bowl lathering during the cool months since my skin is giving me a fit. Virtually all my scented soaps are irritating me to some degree & I'll only compound it by face lathering. It's not like we really have a winter here, but it's enough.

Cool and Dry is worse than Cold and humid for my face. I could hardly face-lather in CO, except in the summer. But here in TX, I'm good face-lathering year-long. Agree with you about the scritch. Not bad for a boar, and mine has broken in nicely, just wish it had more width.

Cool and Dry is worse than Cold and humid for my face. I could hardly face-lather in CO, except in the summer. But here in TX, I'm good face-lathering year-long. Agree with you about the scritch. Not bad for a boar, and mine has broken in nicely, just wish it had more width.

Yes, while the plug is 24mm, the hair tuft is nowhere near what a finest is. It's still a very nice knot though. Much nicer than the one I yanked out of my Ever-Ready.

Top Bottom