What's new

February 2017 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thur 23rd Feb
took a Chance on a multi -buy with poor photos.
Quite Pleased
1 nice PAL Injecto Matic VGC
2 ER "Streamline" good condition
3 Gillette needs some love.

IMG_1178.jpg

This is the last Hawaiian Hardwood blank I had and decided to send it off to be turned even though I wasn't impressed with the blank and didn't know how it would turn out. This one is La'hala and the wood is very rarely seen made into anything, unlike the leaves that are woven into a bunch of different things. Not the best looking compared to the other Hawaiian hardwood razor handles, but the last of my blanks.

DSC01356.JPG

This is the last Hawaiian Hardwood blank I had and decided to send it off to be turned even though I wasn't impressed with the blank and didn't know how it would turn out. This one is La'hala and the wood is very rarely seen made into anything, unlike the leaves that are woven into a bunch of different things. Not the best looking compared to the other Hawaiian hardwood razor handles, but the last of my blanks.

View attachment 763885

Nice to have some variation. And the blank is no longer just sitting around.

Just finished a tub of Maca Root shaving cream. There are definitely better scented creams than this one, but the performance is wonderful.

Just wanted to jump in and share that this month I purchased a aristocrat 16 in original case, upped my brush game from an omega cheap synthetic brush to a high mountain brush from whipped dog and a Gillette executive.

Just wanted to jump in and share that this month I purchased a aristocrat 16 in original case, upped my brush game from an omega cheap synthetic brush to a high mountain brush from whipped dog and a Gillette executive.

Those are three fine purchases. I just used my Whipped Dog HW today!

Just finished a tub of Maca Root shaving cream. There are definitely better scented creams than this one, but the performance is wonderful.

Oops, that was the wrong thread, it was supposed to go in the Graveyard thread to mention I finished it up, I will for sure buy a new one, but not immediately as I still have plenty of other creams and soaps...

Great score! Fine looking PAL. The Streamline looks really nice. Sometimes those poor photos yield an excellent buy.
Unfortunately the Streamline has lost part of blade stop, making it dodgy to use. Got a refund:001_rolle .
Had great Shave with the PAL though.

I've just bought the new TSN Limited Edition Le Père Lucien Oud/Santal from Bullgoose Shaving Supplies.This tallow based soap seems very promising!!!:clap:

I've just bought the new TSN Limited Edition Le Père Lucien Oud/Santal from Bullgoose Shaving Supplies.This tallow based soap seems very promising!!!:clap:

Welcome to B&B, Julien. I just ordered one of the LPLs myself a few minutes ago.

After waiting for the ball and chain, I kid I kid. I saw two razors up for sale. A Gillette superspeed flare tip e2, and a j3. I was able to figure out the year on the j3- a 1964 flare tip. But the e2 came in a case I couldn't find. Is it the right case for the e2 flare tip? I must say I like the bottom portion of the e2, but I do like the weight of the j3 year.

Attachments

• IMG_2110.JPG
    IMG_2110.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2111.JPG
    IMG_2111.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2112.JPG
    IMG_2112.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2113.JPG
    IMG_2113.JPG