What's new

Feather AS-D01 or Edwin Jagger DE89BA11bl?

When you DO find the right angle (much lower angle than what you THINK it should be - a LOT of the top cap on the face, with the safety bar hardly making any contact at ALL) it's as close shaving as an open comb Gillette, incredibly smooth, and GREAT on blade life. Get the angle wrong and you will be calling it "too mild", and a Feather blade will last you 3 shaves max... Get it right and a Feather blade will take you out to 7 shaves and beyond, comfortably and closely.

As far a smoothness, it's an incredibly smooth razor, with the blade held tightly. Unlike most other razor designs there is simply no way for the blade to not be perfectly aligned, and the weight and balance of the razor is (for me) perfectly suited ...(I said the only DE, I also use straights about 50% of the time, and recently, since I got my Feather RG straight, it's pretty much been in constant use the last 2-3 weeks, only mixing it up to go to a regular straight a few days.)

agreed & a BIG thanks Brian :thumbup:.

i believe it was actually your post a while back (month or so ago) that breathed new life into my Feather. i was getting rough spots, irritation, nicks etc. once i got it down (2 - 3 days experimenting) and it's now one of my 3 razors in rotation and my go-to morning m-f razor...as it delivers a smooth shave with zero irritation.

and yes, the way it holds the blade is the best i've ever seen. there is NO play at all, it's in straight & aligned every single time.

Top Bottom