Favorite Martini Gin

Discussion in 'The Speakeasy' started by castlecraver, Oct 17, 2006.

1. castlecraver

castlecraver Moderator Emeritus

I'll admit it... I'm a martini junkie. But I'm in a rut. I've played around with the standard crap... Bombay, Gordon's, Beefeater, Tanq, and the Vermouths they stock by the wine shelf in the grocery store for years now. I stuck on Sapphire for awhile, now I'm ready to move on... anyone know of any "must try," lesser-known Gin I can try?

2. Martin Miller's Westbourne Strength Gin.

Shane

3. Have you tried Boodles?

4. Um... Belvidere Gray Goose......

5. ouch

ouch Moderator Contributor

Plymouth? Hendricks? Citadelle?

6. TimmyBoston

TimmyBoston Moderator Emeritus

Somebody's been drinking :001_tt2:

7. TimmyBoston

Plymouth for something different.

Tanq Ten for something excellent but a little more mundane.

8. No way! This has Nothing to do with a life deprived of love and companionship... It has nothing to do what so ever with JoAnna... or the lack thereof....of Dom....

I am dancing on tables tonight... for Jo's parking space... my little kittens who were so totally unexpected.... and for the fact that I can still spell and the new house of course....

No, Dom has any part of this conversation.... as long as I can still spell the word conversation... lol

In the meanwhile, I would like to add that the WWE wrestlers are all dancing on my coffee table naked tonight.......... :001_tt2:

Um, yeah OK... going to bed now.

I have packages to ship tomorrow..

9. Bombay Sapphire

10. I am a fan of Hendricks.

11. Zuidam. Dutch. Not mundane, storng vanilla notes

12. shoul be "strong" vanilla notes

13. and "should" not "Shoul"
    going to bed now

14. TimmyBoston

This is what happens when you have too much gin.

15. I always go back to Tanq or Beefeater. Gin has such a bold and distinctive flavor that I just find the brand with my particular flavor balance and stick with it. It's a Coke or Pepsi thing with me.

16. Got sick on gin once - felt like I was throwing up a Christmas tree. Haven't had it since. :thumbdown

17. castlecraver

castlecraver Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the suggestions! I forgot about Hendricks... one I haven't tried. May pick that one up when I finish off this bottle of Tanq. :biggrin:

18. I'll have a Gibson please. :biggrin:

Who is picking up this round?

19. Perhaps Venture to the Darkside of Martinis ... VODKA ... A good Russian Vodka makes an excellent Martini ... Try Putinka if possible ... or the standard vodkas; Moskovskaya Osobaya, Stolichnaya and/or Imperia ...

20. Svedka's my vote on vodka. Rated comparable to Grey Goose, but at half the price.