What's new

Favorite Aristocrat?

As you said mild yet very efficient. Seems like it's barely working but shaves whiskers off like some of the more aggressive non-TTOs. They are easy on the eyes as well. :lol:

I agree with this description. :w00t: It's a fantastic shaver, IMHO noticeably more efficient than a Rocket HD.

Congrats, Juan Manuel. :thumbup:

Congrats Juan! Those 16's are a delight. I consider them the best TTO ever made. As you said mild yet very efficient. Seems like it's barely working but shaves whiskers off like some of the more aggressive non-TTOs. They are easy on the eyes as well. :lol:

Yup. Hope SWMBO won't notice it's different from a #15 (19...) if I ever get one of them...:laugh:

Thank you!

I agree with this description. :w00t: It's a fantastic shaver, IMHO noticeably more efficient than a Rocket HD.

Congrats, Juan Manuel. :thumbup:

Still in awe! Thank you very much!

(Though not sure if it's MORE efficient than a NEW, haha)

Can I bump this thread?

I have just purchased a #58. I have shaved with it once, and it was the best razor I have ever used, and for that reason gave me one of the best shaves I have ever had (the reason it was not THE best is that for some reason I struggled a little whipping up a perfect lather from my MWF! :confused1)

It was/is also the first TTO I have ever used, and will relegate my beloved 1940's Tech to second in line as my daily driver. Now, I have got the bug and want to collect Aristocrats - in particular the British ones. After research and advice, I'm looking for a #16 - for sure, first. I will also be on the lookouts for Rockets. Then also US Aristocrats.

Once I get more than one Ill be able to start ranking my favorites :001_smile - however it will take some doing to beat the #58.

Can I bump this thread?

I have just purchased a #58. I have shaved with it once, and it was the best razor I have ever used, and for that reason gave me one of the best shaves I have ever had (the reason it was not THE best is that for some reason I struggled a little whipping up a perfect lather from my MWF! :confused1)

It was/is also the first TTO I have ever used, and will relegate my beloved 1940's Tech to second in line as my daily driver. Now, I have got the bug and want to collect Aristocrats - in particular the British ones. After research and advice, I'm looking for a #16 - for sure, first. I will also be on the lookouts for Rockets. Then also US Aristocrats.

Once I get more than one Ill be able to start ranking my favorites :001_smile - however it will take some doing to beat the #58.

Woah blast from the past, I forgot about this thread.

Don't forget the Arsitocrat Jr with the flat baseplate and rocket knob has the same head as the #16.

Can I bump this thread?

58 is not an Aristocrat.
Just sayin

I just acquired a Aristocrat Jr. '49 flat base plate I believe its by far the best shave I have ever had, I also "just" received a Aristocrat #15 which I have not yet used , I just need to go clean it, load it up and give it a shot! I have a new tub of T&H 1805 to break open for the maiden voyage! I thought that would be a fitting combination!

I just acquired a Aristocrat Jr. '49 flat base plate I believe its by far the best shave I have ever had, I also "just" received a Aristocrat #15 which I have not yet used , I just need to go clean it, load it up and give it a shot! I have a new tub of T&H 1805 to break open for the maiden voyage! I thought that would be a fitting combination!

Nice set up. Love the 49, the #15 was too aggressive for me.

Last edited:
I didn't enjoy the #15 open comb even though its the most gorgeous of the lot.
But I'm on the lookout for the solid bar #15...reports say it is identical to the #21
(which is top of the heap for me)...altho it has a different case to the #21.

I didn't enjoy the #15 open comb even though its the most gorgeous of the lot.
But I'm on the lookout for the solid bar #15...reports say it is identical to the #21
(which is top of the heap for me)...altho it has a different case to the #21.
My #15 is a solid bar, look forward to my first shave.
s-l1600.jpg

I just know my favorite is either the one I’m using, the one I plan on using next, or the one I’m looking for.

In fact the # is the name of the set and not the razor.
A common mistake made here at B&B.
You re correct, I ran into that when I was trying to identify my '49 AJ as it did not come in the original case. (#49-#51) ? It was called the No. 51 (#51) or No. 53 (#53), depending on the case/box the razor came packaged in.

I have a 16 set and the same razor without its box. They shave the same and if we follow the box to razor to set to name/number rule my unboxed razor would suffer of identity crisis for no good reason as there is no other set with the same razor. If I have a cased parat and cased aristocrat junior, I might have two identical razors with different names ... To me the rule is useful only when there is a chance for confusion but then experts feel threatened.

I have a 16 set and the same razor without its box. They shave the same and if we follow the box to razor to set to name/number rule my unboxed razor would suffer of identity crisis for no good reason as there is no other set with the same razor. If I have a cased parat and cased aristocrat junior, I might have two identical razors with different names ... To me the rule is useful only when there is a chance for confusion but then experts feel threatened.

Well, that caseless razor of yours might be named as a 3rd generation English Aristocrat, then.

Top Bottom