What's new

Fatboy February 2017

20170221_203102.jpg

This may have been the last run of this brush with its current knot. Just received my Tuxedo and Cashmere knots, and this guy is getting a transplant.

Wednesday, Day 22
E3 FB on 4
Personna Red (shave #6)
Rooney Pure Badger
B & M Night Music soap and a/s

Yep! Had to bring out the Night Music again! Nothing of any note to report - good shave, no nicks, no irritation - little to no sting from the aftershave.

I like my Fatboy, but I'll be glad next week when February is over. I have 3 new acquisitions I want to try out - a '56 Blue Tip, a '51 Black Tip SS, and a Contract Tech with gold head/base plate.

@tipster_621 just reminded me. Last year with about a week to go, I asked everyone to chime in with their planned 3/1 shave, as well as come back and show their first post-February SOTD. I think it's interesting to see what everyone reaches for after a full month of monogamy.

3/1 - definitely my Gem Jr 1912....haven't had a chance to bond with it yet (other than my previous, short dalliance upon arrival which I have atoned for)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
And another; toned it down a couple numbers, though.

The poor soap I'm using - Willy 3017 - isn't giving a lot of searoom.

AA

Day 22

F1 Fatboy set on 3.
Gillette Silver Blue.
I Coloniali mango Soap
Aftershave Avon Wild Country

3 pass Shave today to make up for yesterday, WTG, XTG, ATG, BBS wow this is one brilliant shave.
20170222_202435.jpg

@tipster_621 just reminded me. Last year with about a week to go, I asked everyone to chime in with their planned 3/1 shave, as well as come back and show their first post-February SOTD. I think it's interesting to see what everyone reaches for after a full month of monogamy.

Hmmmm... Of the 3 I mentioned earlier, I believe I'll be reaching for the Blue Tip SS. The Black Tip SS probably shaves the same as my early '50 NDC SS, and the Contract Tech probably isn't that much different than the other 2 post war Techs I have. I want to see for my self just how mild the Blue Tip actually is. I'll probably break out one of my Chiseled Face samples that I haven't tried yet.

That's a good idea about plans for the 3/1 shave, @gwsmallwood!

Last night 2/21
Fatboy E-4 setting 6 (bumped it up 1)
Stirling Executive Man Soap
Omega 10066
Osma Alum Block
Stirling Executive Man Aftershave

I must confess that I slipped in 2 shaves with my black beauty 84, because I was on a business trip and didn't want to take my fatboy with me. That black beauty has become my travel razor lol.

IMG_0630.JPG

2/22/2017 shave:

EJ Super Badger, FB on 8, and B&M Latha Oceana. I don't recall using the Latha with the FB yet, it was a great match, I think I forgot how good the Latha is (this is the only B&M I've tried and I feel like I will be purchasing more soon).

feb 22.jpg

Hmm, I think I will reach for the Rockwell 6S when I am done with FB Feb.

Thursday - Day 23
E3 FB on 4
Personna Red (shave #7)
Ever-Ready 100 boar
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Clubman aftershave

Decided to go with the ER100 today - It's a NOS I picked up a couple of months ago, still in the box. I like it - it's a good stiff brush, and the bristle tips have split a bit to soften it up some. The only thing I don't like about it is how small the knot is. I'm going to have to get a nice Semogue or Omega boar the next time I order something. I know I've said this a thousand times, but the GTB/Clubman combo is out of this world!

Day 23

F1 Fatboy set on 3
Gillette Silver Blue Blade
Simpsons Grosvenor Brush
Valobra Soap
Old Spice Aftershave

2 pass shave WTG, XTG, nice close shave and smell good.

20170223_181518.jpg

Shave 22

E2 on 5/Feather/Arko
2 pass for a super shave, DFS.
Witch hazel

I've lost track of the shaves on this Feather. It just keeps on giving great shaves.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Another fine FB shave, this time on 9 again. As long as one doesn't go ATG on 9, all's well.

V.D. Willy soap. Voshie on shave 6. Zenith boar and Avon Wild Country. The Halloween of colognes, Salvador Dali pour homme, for an evil finish and a great day!

AA

Top Bottom