What's new

EvilZeg Shave Journal

Good shave last night.

Wielded my Merkur DE
Lathered up with QCS Vostok shave cream, used my Whipped Dog brush
Prep was a hot shower.

Had to do another quick shave last night, 2 pass WTG and ATG. No irritation, one small nick. Vostok shave cream is awesome, it froze my face and left me feeling refreshed.

Have a great day.

Jim

Good shave last night.

Wielded my Wade and Butcher Full Hollow
Lathered up with QCS Vostok Cream, used my E.J. Brush
Prep was a warm shower

2 pass shave WTG, XTG. Little bit of irritation on my neck, one small nick on a bug bite on my neck.

Vostok shave cream is amazingly cold. It leaves my face feeling great, had a little bit of trouble with the lather last night. The lather was ok, but I couldn't get the lather optimal, it was a little flat. I tried face lathering by taking some of the sample and rubbing it on my face, then lathering with my brush. Next time I'm going to either apply more to my face, or take the sample out of the container and put it in a larger bowl and load my brush.

Finished with Clinique ASB

Have a great day, keep cool and hydrated.

Jim

P.S. The beer is fermenting nicely.

Had a good shave today.

Wielded my freshly honed Ernst White full hollow.
Lathered up with QCS Basilica, used my E.J. Brush.
Prep was a shower.

2 pass shave, WTG and XTG. No nicks, no irritation. Honed up on my La Grise coticule, the edge felt great on my face. The Basilica smells great and leaves my skin feeling awesome. Finished up with Clinique ASB.

Have a great night.

Jim

Decent shave tonight.

Wielded my Ernst White
Stropped on T.M. Heirloom Steerhide/Linen
Lathered up with QCS Basilica
Prep was a shower

2 Passes WTH,XTG. Some irritation on my neck, I was having a little trouble with my angle of attack tonight. Finished up with Cllinique ASB.

Have a great night.

Jim

Not so great of a shave last night.

Wielded my Merkur DE
Lathered up with QCS Basilica, whipped dog brush

2 passes WTG,ATG. Got some decent burn on my neck and a couple of nicks. At least it's friday. Some labview training next week, then vacation. Woo Hoo.

Have a great day,
Jim

Good shave tonight.

Wielded my Merkur DE
Lathered up with QCS Basilica, whipped dog brush
prep was a hot shower.

Two passes, WTG and ATG. One nick, only slight irritation. Stay safe in the storms tonight. Long drive to King of Prussia tomorrow.

Have a great night.

Jim

Good shave tonight.

Wielded my Ernst White full hollow
Stropped on my T.M. Heirloom Steer w/ Linen
Lathered up with QCS Vostok cream and my Whipped Dog black badger brush
Prep was a hot shower

2 passes, WTG and XTG. No nicks, or irritation. Tonight was a great shave, nice and smooth. The vostok left my face frozen. Can't wait for EOD tomorrow because I will be on vacation. Heading to Greensboro NC for my stepson's Tang Soo So World tournament.

Finished up with Clinique ASB.

Have a great night.

Jim

Great shave this morning.

Wielded my Ernst White
lathered up with Sir Irisch Moos
stropped on my poormans
prep was a hot shower

2 passes, wtg and XTG. No irritation, just one small nick. I'm still calling this a great shave because my face felt great. Sir Irisch Moos is a great shave stick and will be missed. Nice and hot in Greensboro.

Finished up with Clinique ASB

Have a great day.

Jim

Good shave this afternoon.

Wielded my Ernst White full hollow
Stropped on my Poorman's Strop
Lathered up with QCS Vostok cream and my E. J. Brush
Prep was a hot shower.

2 passes, WTG and XTG. Very smooth shave, used up the last of my Vostok shave cream. Now I have to decide on either a full sized Vostok cream or soap. No irritation, one small nick.

Have a great day.

Jim

Had a decent shave tonight.

Wielded my Merkur DE
Lathered up with QCS Provence.
Prep was a hot shower.

2 Pass shave, WTG and ATG. One small nick, no irritation. The Provence has an interesting woodsy scent my sinuses are a little crazy from my allergies so I hope to give a better report in the future. The later was slick and cushioning.

Have a great night.

Jiim

Good shave last night..

Wielded my Merkur DE
Lathered up with QCS Provence.
Prep was a hot shower.

2 passes, WTG and ATG. Shave was smooth with no nicks or irritation. The Provence left my skin smooth and feeling great. I'm not quite sure the scent does it for me though. Don't get me wrong I love strong earthy scents but this one just doesn't seem to catch my fancy.

Have a great day.

Jim

Good shave tonight.

Wielded my Ernst White
Stropped on my Poorman's strop.
Lathered up wwith QCS Provence shave cream and my E. J. Brush
Prep was a hot shower.

2 passes, WTG and XTG. No nicks or irritation.

Tonight has to be one of the finest lathers I have ever whipped up. Soaked my brush in warm water during my shower, then shook it out it it was almost completely dry. I have press my Provence shave cream sample into the bottom of my wooden shave bowl, I loaded my brush for 60 seconds. Started apply it to my face, I then dipped it into my shave mug which contains the remnants of the water I soaked my brush in. Continued to swirl then dipped the tip of the brush in the water again and repeated until I had a mound of slick cushioning lather.

Have a great night.

Jim

Thanks,

I just figured the heck with it, I must have spent about 5 minutes just building it up and slowly adding water. And the shave reflected just how much a good lather will improve your shave.

Jim

Another good shave tonight.

Wielded my Ernst White
Stropped on my T.M. Heirloom Steer strop w/ linen.
Prep was a hot shower.

2 passes, WTG and XTG. 2 small nick, no irritation. I have these darn, tiny moles on my face that like to get in the way of my razor, they are slowly being removed by exfoliation.

I got another great lather tonight, I think I have finally dialed it in. My problem was not enough product, and not enough water.

Finished up wiith Clinique ASB.

Have a great night.

Jim

Another good shave last night.

Wielded my Ernst White
Stropped on my T.M. Heirloom Steer strop w/ linen.
Prep was a hot shower.

2 passes, WTG and XTG. No nicks , no irritation.

Finished up my sample of Provence, now I have to figure out which one I want to use next. Love my T.M. strop, the sound and feeling of the linen is amazing. The linen truly does an excellent job on the edge of my razors. And the leather is a delight to srop on, smooth and an excellent draw.

Finished up with some Clinique ASB.

Have a great day.

Jim

Good shave last night.

Wielded my Ernst White
Lathered up with QCS Basilica shave cream
Prep was a hot shower.

2 passes, WTG and XTG. No nicks, but a small spot of irritation on my neck.

Love the scent of Basilica, and it leaves my skin feeling great. Now I just have to decide if I like the cream or soap better.

Finished up with Clinique ASB

Have a great day.

Jim

Good shave last night.

Wielded my Ernst White

25 Linen/25Leather

Lathered up with QCS Basilica shave cream
Prep was a hot shower.

2 passes, WTG and XTG. No nicks or irritation.

My lather was a little on the flat side last night, have to load it more next time.

Have a great day.

Jim

Top Bottom